Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Correspondence, diaries, and a family history. The correspondence is between Van Cott and family members. Also included are handwritten and signed letters from Brigham Young, second president of the Mormon Church, to Van Cott. The diaries cover the time when Van Cott served as a missionary for the Mormon Church from 1852 to 1856 and from 1859 to 1862. He was in Iowa City, Iowa, when the first handcart companies left for Utah.
Photocopy of a handwritten letter. The item is dated March 4, 1858 and is addressed to Lewis Brunson (1831-1888), bishop for the Mormon Church in Fillmore, Utah. The letter is an authorization by Young for Brunson to give "Brother Robb" livestock in repayment of a loan he had given to the Mormon Church in Liverpool, England for the purpose of emigration.
Handwritten and signed letter dated March 25, 1846 and addressed to Harriet Cook Young, one of Brigham Young's wives. Brigham Young writes about the prospects of the Mormons migrating to the West.
Photographs of handwritten letters addressed to "Hariot Cook," "my dear wife." The items were written when Young was in Iowa moving west as leader of the Mormons. Young urges Cook, who was still in Nauvoo, Illinois, to join him in Iowa.
- Mormon Church -- Presidents 6
- Mormons -- Correspondence 6
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints 4
- Immigration and American Expansion 4
- Pioneers 4
- Fillmore (Utah) -- History 2
- Missions and Missionaries 2
- Photocopies 2
- Certificates 1
- Church Government 1
- Diaries 1
- Fort Crittenden (Utah) -- History 1
- Histories 1
- Invitation cards 1
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Scandinavia 1
- Mormon Church -- Presidents -- Correspondence 1
- Oregon National Historic Trail -- History 1
- Patriarchal blessings (Mormon Church) -- History 1
- Polygamy -- Religious aspects -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- History 1
- Polygamy -- Utah -- History 1
- Salt Lake City (Utah) -- History 1
- Scandinavia -- History 1 ∧ less
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 2
- Young, Harriet Elizabeth Cook Campbell, 1824-1898 2
- Brunson, Lewis, 1831-1888 1
- Cannon, George Q. (George Quayle), 1827-1901 1
- Marcy, William L. (William Learned), 1786-1857 1