Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: MSS 1599
Scope and Contents Photocopies of typed and printed official statements of the First Presidency of the Mormon Church between the years 1935 and 1951 as well as a book entitled "Statements of the First Presidency" volume 6. This item was published in 1975 and compiled and autographed by James R. Clark. The statements relate to the church members and hierarchy dealing with Mormon doctrine and theology as well as Mormon Church policy and procedure. The majority of the statements were made between the years 1939...
File — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MSS SC 2066
Scope and Contents Typewritten letter addressed "to the Presidents of Stakes and Bishops of Wards" stating that John W. Rigdon; son of early Mormon Church leader, Sidney Ridgon; be given "full and free opportunity to speak to the people in your public gatherings." The item was signed by Joseph Fielding Smith and two other members of the First Presidency.
Item — Folder: 1
Identifier: MSS SC 2041
Scope and Contents Photocopy of a typewritten letter signed by Spencer W. Kimball and other members of the First Presidency of the Mormon Church. Letter includes guidelines for local Church authorities when interviewing members for callings, temple recommends, or missionary service. Includes instructions for local leaders to avoid indelicate inquiries into marital relations, as well as an interpretation of oral sex as constituting an unnatural, impure, or unholy practice.
Dates: 1982 January 5
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MSS SC 2157
Scope and Contents Typewritten and signed letter addressed to William Conover of Springville, Utah. The item was signed by George Albert Smith, J. Reuben Clark, and David O. McKay. Conover was informed that the Book of Mormon had been translated into the Tahitian language.
- Mormon Church -- Presidents -- Correspondence 3
- Book of Mormon 1
- Drafts (Documents) 1
- Mormon Church -- Presidents 1
- Mormons -- Correspondence 1
- War -- Religious aspects -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Religious aspects 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Religious aspects -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 1 ∧ less
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 2
- Clark, J. Reuben, Jr., 1871-1961 1
- Clark, James R. (James Ratcliffe), 1910-1995 1
- Conover, William H. 1
- Kimball, Spencer W., 1895-1985 1