Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 11
Handwritten diaries. Bennett writes about his leaving Meadow, Utah, to serve on a mission for the Mormon Church in the Samoan Islands. He tells about his journeys and his activities there.
Photocopies of a typescript of a diary and of handwritten entries in an autograph book. The materials were created while Cannon was serving as a missionary for the Mormon Church in Samoa. Cannon writes, often in great detail, about his daily activities and his impressions.
Handwritten and signed letters all written to George Carpenter's brother, Joseph Carpenter of Manti, Utah. Two of the items were written while George was serving on a mission for the Mormon Church in the Samoan Islands. George writes about his family and his difficulties in finding work. He also complains about the Mormons, "as to the fearfully bloodthirsty Mormons ..."
Handwritten diaries, notes, account books, correspondence, and a translation of the Book of Mormon into the Samoan language. Carpenter writes about his mission for the Mormon Church in Samoa and about his activities as a resident of Manti. Late in life, Carpenter moved to Salt Lake City, Utah. Also included is a printed copy of a microfilm copy of a handwritten diary. Carpenter also writes about his early life and his travels to northern Germany and France in 1884 and 1885.
Handwritten and signed letters written while Carpenter was serving as a missionary for the Mormon Church in the Samoan Islands. Carpenter describes his activities.
Photocopies of handwritten diaries kept from 1894 to 1896 while Hutchings was serving on a mission for the Mormon Church in Samoa. Hutchings presents a detailed account of his activities and the culture of the Samoan people. Also included is an autobiography in which Hutchings writes about his childhood in Springville, Utah, his work in Eureka, Nevada, and his family life.
Handwritten diary and notes. The diary covers the years from 1902 to 1904 while Merkley served as a missionary for the Mormon Church in the Samoan Islands. Some of the notes are in Samoan.
Contains writings on Samoan history, ecclesiastical and lingual lesson plans, and photographs from Casse Lyman Monson. Collection materials come from her time as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Samoa. Her ecclesiastical papers include Relief Society materials sent from Salt Lake City. Her historical papers include facsimile portraits of Samoan rulers, Samoan LDS history, and Samoan speeches. Dated approximately 1960-1962.
Seven handwritten journals, three miscellaneous items enclosed, and photocopies of the enclosures which include a letter, a poem in Samoan, and a pass. The journals describe missionary experiences in Samoa.
- Subject: Mormon Church -- Missions -- Samoan Islands -- History X
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints 9
- Missions and Missionaries 9
- Samoan Islands -- History 9
- Diaries 7
- Mormons -- Samoan Islands -- History 7
- Letters 3
- Electronic books 2
- Mormon missionaries -- Samoan Islands 2
- Mormon missionaries -- Samoan Islands -- Diaries 2
- Mormon missionaries -- Samoan Islands -- History 2
- Notes 2
- Photographs 2
- Autobiographies 1
- Book of Mormon. Samoan 1
- France -- Description and travel 1
- Germany -- Description and travel 1
- Home and Family 1
- Manti (Utah) -- History 1
- Materials 1
- Mormon Church -- Controversial literature -- History and criticism 1
- Mormons -- Utah -- Correspondence 1
- Mormons -- Utah -- Manti -- History 1
- Mormons -- Utah -- Springville -- History 1
- Patriarchs (Mormon theology) 1
- Postcards 1
- Relief Society 1
- Salt Lake City (Utah) -- History 1
- Samoa 1
- Samoan language -- Study and teaching 1
- Samoans -- History 1
- Social Life and Customs 1
- Springville (Utah) -- History 1
- Utah -- History 1 ∧ less
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 4
- Carpenter, Joseph Hatten, 1861-1964 3
- Bennett, Jesse J., 1869-1949 1
- Cannon, Claude Q. 1
- Carpenter, George E. (George Eunice), 1870- 1
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Samoan Mission 1
- Farnsworth, Burton K. (Burton Kent), 1890-1945 1
- Farnsworth, Mabel Pearce 1
- Hutchings, Silas, 1868-1943 1
- Merkley, Alva Christopher 1
- Monson, Casse Lyman 1
- Smart, Edwin H. (Edwin Hezekiah), 1874-1920 1
- Utah State Board of Education 1
- Van Cott, Frank Victor, 1863- 1 ∧ less