Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Handwritten diaries. Christensen writes about his experiences and the work in which he was involved while on his mission.
Photocopies of handwritten diaries. Jensen joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in 1859, served on a mission to Denmark, and immigrated to the United States in 1863. He was a polygamist who lived in Cache Valley, Utah, and in Star Valley, Wyoming. Also included is a biography of Alma L. Jensen by Annie Jensen Wickham.
Handwritten diary kept by Johnson while serving on a mission for the Mormon Church in Denmark. Johnson writes about spiritual experiences, meeting Mormon Church leaders, and the missionary work.
Photocopies of a handwritten diary, financial recorts, newspaper clippings, and missionary announcements. The diary covers the years from 1899 to 1902 when Miller served as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Denmark. His financial records cover the years from 1899 to 1911. The newspaper clippings and announcements are in Danish and relate to missionary activities in Denmark.
Photocopy of a typed transcript of a personal history. Nielsen describes his life growing up in Denmark, his family's emigration to America, and his experiences and hardships after arriving in Utah.
Photocopy of a typewritten biography of Lars Peter Oveson, who lived a rural, pioneer life with his family in central Utah.
Photocopy of a handwritten autobiography and diary in Danish. The autobiography covers Poulsen's life to 1864 when he began his diary. Poulsen was converted to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in 1862. He served as a missionary for that faith in Denmark from 1864 to 1866. He migrated to the Utah and settled in Millard County. Also included are patriarchal blessings of family members in English.
Photocopies of a typewritten autbiography. Also incuded are photocopies of photographs of family members and of a handwritten letter. The item was originally written in Danish. It was translated into English in 1933 by Albert L. Zobell. Hans writes about growing up in Denmark, his migration to Utah, and his life in Lake View. Also included is copy a patriarchal blessing.
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Denmark -- History 6
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints 5
- Diaries 5
- Missions and Missionaries 5
- Autobiographies 4
- Immigration and American Expansion 3
- Pioneers 3
- Denmark -- History -- 19th century 2
- Mormon missionaries -- Denmark 2
- Mormon pioneers -- History 2
- Patriarchal blessings (Mormon Church) -- History 2
- Photocopies 2
- Cache Valley (Utah and Idaho) -- History 1
- Castle Dale (Utah) -- History 1
- Cleveland (Utah) -- History 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 1
- Danish Americans -- Utah -- Lake View -- History 1
- Denmark -- History -- Christian IX, 1863-1906 -- Sources 1
- Electronic books 1
- Emigration and immigration -- Religious aspects -- Mormon Church 1
- Ephraim (Utah) -- History 1
- Fredrickshaven (Denmark) -- History -- Sources 1
- Home and Family 1
- Lake View (Utah) -- History 1
- Millard County (Utah) -- History 1
- Mormon pioneers 1
- Mormons -- Star Valley (Wyo. and Idaho) -- History -- Sources 1
- Mormons -- Utah -- Cache Valley -- History 1
- Mormons -- Utah -- Castle Dale 1
- Mormons -- Utah -- History 1
- Mormons -- Utah -- Lake View -- History 1
- Polygamy -- Religious aspects -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- History 1
- Salt Lake City (Utah) -- History 1
- Social Life and Customs 1
- Star Valley (Wyo. and Idaho) -- History -- Sources 1 ∧ less
- English 7
- Danish 2
- Multiple languages 1
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 3
- Christensen, Christen N. 1
- Jensen, Alma L. 1
- Jensen, Ole Anderson 1
- Johnson, James, 1859-1940 1