Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Photocopy of typescript. Describes his trip from Salt Lake City to the site of Joseph City and daily life in the United Order in that town. The diary also discusses the author's departure on a supply trip to Salt Lake City and concludes with his arrival in St. George, Utah en route.
A one-page autobiographical sketch entitled "History of John A. Blythe, From his birth to Feb. 3rd, 1876" is also included.
Typescript. Includes short autobiographical sketch of author's life from his birth to his mission call to Arizona in 1876. Rest of the text is a daily journal covering the trip from Salt Lake City to Arizona, daily life in the Mormon settlements, and a trip back to Utah in 1877. Almost all of McAllister's journal entries are one line in length.
Photocopy of typescript. Short report to Brigham Young (1801-1877) on the efforts to organize the missionaries called to settle along the Little Colorado River. Includes list of prospective missionaries that Stewart recommended calling and a list of some who had agreed to go, but had not yet arrived in Kanab. The writer also requests counsel from Young on various matters pertaining to the mission.
- Arizona -- History -- To 1912 2
- Material Types 2
- Missions and Missionaries 2
- Mormons -- Arizona -- History 2
- Arizona -- Description and travel 1
- City and Town Life 1
- Correspondence 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Arizona -- Sources 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Utah 1
- Joseph City (Ariz.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Letters 1
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Arizona -- History 1
- Mormons -- Utah -- History 1
- Pioneers 1
- Social Life and Customs 1
- United orders (Mormon Church) -- Arizona -- History 1
- Utah -- Description and travel 1 ∧ less
- Blythe, John A. 1
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 1
- McAllister, Daniel H. 1
- Stewart, Levi, 1812-1878 1
- Young, Brigham, 1801-1877 1