Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Typescript of an autobiography and of a diary. Amundsen writes about his early life, conversion to the Mormon Church, his migration to Utah, his missions for the Mormon Church in Arizona and Norway, and his life in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Photocopy of a typewritten autobiograpy. Gee writes about growing up in Moroni, Utah; attending the University of Utah; teaching school in Moroni from 1901 to 1938; serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Britain; performing temple work for the Church in Arizona in 1946 and 1947; and complains of poor eyesight late in his life.
Handwritten diary. Haskell writes about his experiences with various Indian tribes in Arizona when he was serving as a missionary for the Mormon Church. He was accompainied by Jacob Hamblin and others. Fifteen pages of the item are written in the Deseret Alphabet. Some of the manuscript pages have been torn off and one page is missing.
Typescript. Includes short autobiographical sketch of author's life from his birth to his mission call to Arizona in 1876. Rest of the text is a daily journal covering the trip from Salt Lake City to Arizona, daily life in the Mormon settlements, and a trip back to Utah in 1877. Almost all of McAllister's journal entries are one line in length.
Handwritten and signed letter, dated 24 Nov. 1875, and addressed to Brigham Young, second president of the Mormon Church. Peirce introduces a gentleman from San Juan who has information on the missionary activities of the Mormon Church in Arizona.
- Missions and Missionaries 5
- Autobiographies 2
- Diaries 2
- Mormons -- Arizona -- History 2
- Arizona -- History -- To 1912 1
- Biographies 1
- Deseret alphabet 1
- Educators -- Utah -- Moroni -- History -- Sources 1
- Electronic books 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Utah 1
- Hopi Indians -- History 1
- Indians of North America -- History 1
- Letters 1
- Mormon Church -- Arizona -- History 1
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Great Britain 1
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Norway -- History 1
- Mormon Church -- Presidents 1
- Mormon missionaries -- Arizona 1
- Mormons -- Colonization -- Arizona -- History 1
- Mormons -- Correspondence 1
- Mormons -- Utah -- Moroni -- History -- Sources 1
- Moroni (Utah) -- History -- Sources 1
- Navajo Indians -- History 1
- Pioneers 1
- Salt Lake City (Utah) -- History 1
- United orders (Mormon Church) -- Utah -- History 1
- Utah -- History -- 19th century 1
- Utah -- History -- 20th century 1
- Vernal (Utah) -- History 1 + ∧ less
- Multiple languages 1
- Tanner, George S. 2
- Amundsen, Andrew, 1849-1927 1
- Blyth, Elizabeth Ann 1
- Blythe, John Law 1
- Blythe, Margaret Mitchell 1