Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Handwritten diary and scrapbook. The journal was kept from 1 Jan. to 31 Dec. 1883 when Greenwood was serving as a missionary in New Zealand. He reports on his daily activities in entries that are often lengthy and detailed. The scrapbook was created by Alma's wife, Florence Greenwood. It contains newspaper clippings from the 1880s that relate to Mormons, Utah, and to national happenings.
Photocopies of handwritten diaries, genealogies, and patriarchal blessings. The materials are partially autobiographical. Larson writes about his conversion to the Mormon Church, his activities in New Zealand, his mission to Sweden for the Mormon Church from 1899 to 1901, and his life in Logan, Utah. Larson was employed as a gardener and as a basket weaver.
Contains five albums. The first three albums include photographs, postcards, booklets, and newspaper clippings, relating to Sidney James Ottley's mission to New Zealand from 1912-1914. The fourth album includes family photographs, announcements of weddings, deaths, and anniversaries, as well as greeting cards. The fifth album belongs to Ernest A. Ottley and covers his life in Millard County, Utah to his missionary service in New Zealand.
Correspondence, diaries, financial ledgers, newsletters, an autobiography, greeting cards, and a scrapbook. The diaries relate to Ottley's missions for the Church in New Zealand and Great Britain and to his service as mission president also in New Zealand starting in 1951. The correspondence is between family members. The photographs in the scrapbook were taken during his mission presidency in the 1950s.
Scrapbook containing correspondence, poems, essays, magazine and newspaper clippings, and an autobiography. The correspondence is between Ottley and his stepmother, Isabella B. Erekson. They deal largely with Ottley's activities in New Zealand both as a missionary for the Church and as a teacher at the Maori Agricultural College in New Zealand. The poems and essays relate to Ottley's beliefs in the Mormon faith. The clippings deal largely with human values.
Six handwritten diaries. Palmer talks about his temporal and spiritual experiences while serving as a missionary in New Zealand for the Mormon Church.
Handwritten diaries in ten volumes with a book of missionary expenses. Also included are a printed copy of the New Testament in the Maori language and a printed "ready reference" book of scriptures often used by Mormon missionaries in both English and Maori. Taylor writes about his daily activities in leading the mission.
Typescript of journal produced by J. S. Welch during his service as principal of the Latter Day Saints' Maori Agricultural College. Includes photographs and Maori vocabulary, as well as entries describing his work at the college farm, the landscape and vegetation of New Zealand, and the impact of his service on his family.
Handwritten diaries written by Alexander Wright and his wife, Emma Elizabeth Reeve Wright. These journals were kept while the couple was on a Mormon mission in New Zealand. Two of the diaries were kept by Alexander and three were kept by Emma.
- Diaries 8
- Electronic books 5
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- New Zealand -- History 4
- Material Types 3
- Mormon missionaries -- New Zealand -- History 3
- New Zealand -- History -- 19th century 3
- Photographs 3
- Scrapbooks 3
- Maori (New Zealand people) -- History 2
- Mormon missionaries -- New Zealand -- Diaries 2
- Agriculture -- New Zealand -- History 1
- Bible. New Testament -- Versions, Maori 1
- Christian leadership -- Mormon Church 1
- Church buildings -- New Zealand 1
- Correspondence 1
- Education -- New Zealand -- History -- Sources 1
- Educators -- Utah -- History 1
- Educators -- Utah -- Provo -- History 1
- Greeting cards 1
- Letters 1
- Logan (Utah) -- History 1
- Maori language 1
- Millard County (Utah) 1
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Sweden -- History 1
- Mormon families -- History 1
- Mormons -- Great Britain -- History 1
- Mormons -- Sweden -- History 1
- Mormons -- Utah -- Logan -- History 1
- New Zealand 1
- New Zealand -- History -- 1876-1918 -- Sources 1
- New Zealand -- History -- 20th century 1
- Newsletters 1
- Patriarchal blessings (Mormon Church) -- History 1
- Photograph albums 1
- Publications 1
- School principals -- New Zealand -- History -- Sources 1
- Sweden -- History -- Oscar II, 1872-1907 -- Sources 1
- Swedish Americans -- Utah -- Logan -- History -- Sources 1
- Typescripts 1
- Universities and colleges -- Utah -- Provo -- History 1
- Universities and colleges, Maori -- History 1
- Utah -- History 1 ∧ less
- Maori 1
- Multiple languages 1
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 6
- Ottley, Sidney James, 1890-1982 3
- Brigham Young Academy 1
- Erekson, Isabella B. 1
- Greenwood, Alma 1
- Greenwood, Florence 1
- Kirkham, Francis W. (Francis Washington), 1877-1972 1
- Larson, Ola 1
- Latter Day Saints' Maori Agricultural College 1
- McKay, David O. (David Oman), 1873-1970 1
- Ottley, Ernest Arthur, 1888-1968 1
- Palmer, Edward James 1
- Robison, Emma Elizabeth Reeve Wright, 1868-1914 1
- Taylor, George Shepherd, 1860-1924 1
- Welch family 1
- Welch, J. S. (John Shaw), 1888-1947 1
- Wright, Alexander Walter, 1860-1906 1 ∧ less