Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Consists of three separate manuscripts: "Religious Experiences of Thomas Walter Brookbank," "Travels and Threads of Experience," and "A Soldier's Recollections." These autobiographies recount the author's early life and conversion to Mormonism, his experiences in the Civil War (1861-1865), life in Utah and the Mormon settlements in eastern Arizona, and missionary activities in New Mexico, Texas, Mexico, and Great Britain.
Typescript. Includes short autobiographical sketch of author's life from his birth to his mission call to Arizona in 1876. Rest of the text is a daily journal covering the trip from Salt Lake City to Arizona, daily life in the Mormon settlements, and a trip back to Utah in 1877. Almost all of McAllister's journal entries are one line in length.
Photocopy of typescript. Contains a short history of the Mormon Church's mission to the Navajo Indians in Arizona from 1876 to 1878 and the creation of the Little Colorado Stake. The history of the stake is then continued up to 1887. Includes history of the settlements making up the stake, activities of the members, minutes of meetings, and accounts of missionary work among the Indians.
Photocopy of typescript. Includes a number of letters written to Tenney by such people as Brigham Young (1801-1877), Wilford Woodruff (1807-1898), and John W. Young (1844-1924) concerning the purchase of land at St. Johns, Arizona, for Mormon settlement, missionary work among the Indians, and obtaining work for Mormon settlers by bidding on raliroad contracts. Some of Tenney's replies are also included. Folder also includes typescript copy of Tenney's journal for 1875-1876.
- Arizona -- History -- To 1912 3
- United orders (Mormon Church) -- Arizona -- History 2
- Autobiographies 1
- Diaries 1
- Immigration and American Expansion 1
- Indians of North America 1
- Letters 1
- Minutes (Records) 1
- Mormon Church -- Arizona -- History 1
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Arizona -- History 1
- Mormon missionaries 1
- Mormon missionaries -- Arizona 1
- Mormons 1
- Navajo Indians -- Missions -- Arizona -- History -- Sources 1
- Pioneers 1
- Reminiscences 1
- Saint Johns (Ariz.) -- History 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives 1
- Utah -- History -- 19th century 1 ∧ less
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 3
- Woodruff, Wilford, 1807-1898 2
- Young, John W. (John Willard), 1844-1924 2
- Brookbank, Thomas W. 1
- Cannon, Abraham H. (Abraham Hoagland), 1859-1896 1