Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Thomas Brimley diaries
The collection includes the photocopied handwritten diary, typewritten copies of the originals, and some photocopied pictures. Brimley describes the temporal and spiritual experiences of his mission.
Harold S. Davis research file on the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Hawaii
This collection contains the research of Harold S. Davis on the LDS Church in Hawaii, including copies of articles, maps, programs, and other papers from various sources, dated 1934-1980.
William Farrer diaries and letters
Contains seven handwritten volumes, plus typescripts which focus on Farrer's Hawaiian Mission, 1850-1854. Volume one contains accounts of his work in the California gold fields prior to his mission call. Volume seven is entirely in the Hawaiian language. Also included are photocopies of typescripts of 71 letters written to and by Farrer when he served in the Hawaiian Islands.
Ephraim Green certificates
Printed and handwritten certificates. These items certify that Green is of good character and is travelling to Hawaii on a mission for the Mormon Church. Two of the manuscripts are signed by the second president of the Mormon Church, Brigham Young.
Ephraim Green diary
Handwritten diary. The item documents Green's mission for the Mormon Church in Hawaii. He writes about his travels to and from Hawaii and the establishing of missionary activities there.
Mission of love
Typewritten correspondence, newspaper clippings, and autobiographical materials relating to Murphy and the Mormon Church in Hawaii.
Ward E. Pack biography, genealogy, and other material
The papers, included genealogy and a biographical sketch, of Ward E. Pack, 1837-1907.
Genevieve Tietjen papers
Correspondence, speeches, memorabilia, newspaper clippings, biographies, autobiographies, and patriarchal blessings for the Mormon Church. The materials relate to Genevieve Tietjen and her husband, Henry Roland Tietjen, particularly when Henry served as a mission president for the Mormon Church in Hawaii. The biographies and autobiographies relate largely to Sarah' ancestors.
William Mark and Olivia Waddoups diaries
Contains the mission and personal journals of William Mark Waddoups and Olivia Waddoups from 1900 to 1958. Diaries discuss William Mark Waddoups' first mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to Hawaii, and William and Olivia's missions together to Hawaii and to the Samoan Islands (which also encompassed New Zealand), and their service in the Salt Lake City Temple.
- Mormon missionaries -- Hawaii -- History 8
- Diaries 5
- Letters 4
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Hawaii -- History 3
- Autobiographies 2
- Biography 2
- Electronic books 2
- Hawaii -- History 2
- Hawaii -- History -- To 1893 2
- Material Types 2
- Mormons -- Hawaii -- History 2
- Patriarchal blessings (Mormon Church) 2
- Articles 1
- California -- History -- 1846-1850 1
- Certificates 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 1
- Correspondence 1
- Hawaii -- Description and travel 1
- Hawaii -- History -- 20th century 1
- Hawaii -- Maps 1
- Hawaiians -- History 1
- Histories (Literary works) 1
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Utah -- Salt Lake City 1
- Mormon missionaries -- East (U.S.) -- History 1
- Mormon missionaries -- Hawaii -- History -- 20th century 1
- Mormon missionaries -- Samoa -- History 1
- Mormon women -- Utah -- History 1
- Mormons -- History 1
- Mormons -- Utah -- Salt Lake City -- History 1
- Newspapers 1
- Photographs 1
- Programs 1
- Publications 1
- Speeches, addresses, etc., American 1 ∧ less
- Hawaiian 1
- Multiple languages 1
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 4
- Green, Ephraim, 1807-1874 2
- Brimley, Thomas 1
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Hawaii Honolulu Mission 1
- Davis, Harold S. 1
- Farrer, William, 1821-1906 1
- Murphy, Castle Hadlock, 1886-1985 1
- Pack family 1
- Pack, Ward E. (Ward Eaton), 1834-1907 1
- Tietjen, Genevieve, 1891-1984 1
- Tietjen, H. R. (Henry Roland), 1891-1976 1
- Waddoups, Olivia, 1883-1969 1
- Waddoups, William, 1878-1956 1
- Willardson family 1
- Young, Brigham, 1801-1877 1 ∧ less