Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Contains books, records, diaries, correspondence, and other documents from Joseph Facer's life, dealing mainly with his service in the LDS Church. Also contains Hill and Richards family books and a detailed history on the John Kenny and Agnes Hill Richards families and the Alexander Hill and Elizabeth Currie Hill families(the grandparents and great-grandparents of Emma Richards Facer, Joseph's wife).
Typescript. Includes short autobiographical sketch of author's life from his birth to his mission call to Arizona in 1876. Rest of the text is a daily journal covering the trip from Salt Lake City to Arizona, daily life in the Mormon settlements, and a trip back to Utah in 1877. Almost all of McAllister's journal entries are one line in length.
Photocopy of typescript. Short report to Brigham Young (1801-1877) on the efforts to organize the missionaries called to settle along the Little Colorado River. Includes list of prospective missionaries that Stewart recommended calling and a list of some who had agreed to go, but had not yet arrived in Kanab. The writer also requests counsel from Young on various matters pertaining to the mission.
- Letters 2
- Mormon Church -- Arizona -- History 2
- Mormons -- Colonization -- Arizona -- History 2
- Arizona -- History -- To 1912 1
- Books 1
- Certificates 1
- Correspondence 1
- Diaries 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Arizona -- Sources 1
- Material Types 1
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Arizona -- History 1
- Mormon missionaries -- Southern States 1
- Mormons -- Arizona -- History 1 ∧ less
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 2
- Tanner, George S. 2
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Southern States Mission 1
- Facer (Family : Facer, Joseph, 1871-1961) 1
- Facer family 1