Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Photocopy of typescript. Author recounts his call to serve as a missionary among the Navajo Indians by Mormon church president Brigham Young (1801-1877); the trip to Arizona; his activities among the Indians; and his return to Utah a year later.
Photocopy of typescript. Short report to Brigham Young (1801-1877) on the efforts to organize the missionaries called to settle along the Little Colorado River. Includes list of prospective missionaries that Stewart recommended calling and a list of some who had agreed to go, but had not yet arrived in Kanab. The writer also requests counsel from Young on various matters pertaining to the mission.
- Arizona -- History -- To 1912 1
- Correspondence 1
- Diaries 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Arizona -- Sources 1
- Letters 1
- Material Types 1
- Mormon Church -- Arizona -- History 1
- Mormon missionaries 1
- Mormon missionaries -- Arizona 1
- Navajo Indians -- Missions -- Arizona -- History -- Sources 1
- United orders (Mormon Church) -- Arizona -- History 1 ∧ less
- Brown, James S. (James Stephens), 1828-1902 1
- Stewart, Levi, 1812-1878 1