Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Four handwritten notebooks. Three contain Fifield's diaries of the Hawaiian mission and the fourth is an account of his subsequent teaching career.
Photocopy of a typescript of a handwritten diary by Irvin F. Fisher. He writes about his experiences as a missionary, describes Christmas on the Islands, gives a description of the Kilauea Volcano on the Big Island, and tells of the overthrow of the Hawaiian Queen by British and American Troops.
Handwritten diaries and teaching notes. Giles writes about his daily activities in Provo, Utah; his two missions for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Hawaii (1890-1897 and 1905-1907); his work at a lime kiln; his work on a railroad; and his teaching of Sunday School for the Church.
Handwritten diary. The item documents Green's mission for the Mormon Church in Hawaii. He writes about his travels to and from Hawaii and the establishing of missionary activities there.
Photocopies of correspondence, reports, histories, petitions, resolutions, and miscellaneous items relating to the Mormon Church in Hawaii. Most of the materials are associated with missionary work, and most date from the nineteenth century. A few items are in the Hawaiian language. One letter was written by the Mormon prophet, Brigham Young (1801-1877), and several letters are addressed to Daniel H. Wells, the Mormon apostle.
Photocopies of a certificate, poems, bill of sale, and miscellaneous materials. Two of the items are in Hawaiian. Also included is a Chinook-English vocabulary list.
- Diaries 4
- Electronic books 3
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Hawaii 3
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Hawaii -- History 3
- Hawaii -- History 2
- Certificates 1
- Chinook language -- Dictionaries 1
- Church officers -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Correspondence 1
- Hawaii -- History -- Overthrow of the Monarchy, 1893 1
- Hawaii -- History -- To 1893 1
- Hawaii -- Politics and government -- History -- 1893-1900 1
- Hawaii Island (Hawaii) -- History 1
- Histories 1
- Letters 1
- Lists 1
- Mormon missionaries -- Hawaii -- Diaries 1
- Mormon missionaries -- Hawaii -- History 1
- Mormons -- Utah -- Provo -- History 1
- Petitions 1
- Photocopies 1
- Poetry 1
- Provo (Utah) -- History 1
- Reports 1
- Rockland (Idaho) -- History 1
- Volcanoes -- Hawaii -- History 1 ∧ less
- Chinook jargon 1
- Hawaiian 1
- Multiple languages 1
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 3
- Fifield, Edwin W., 1874-1940 1
- Fisher, Irvin F. 1
- Giles, John Thomas, 1865-1948 1
- Green, Ephraim, 1807-1874 1