Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Photocopies of microfilm copies of handwritten diaries. Adams joined the Mormon Church in 1836 and served as missionary for that faith in Canada. He moved to Nauvoo, Illinois, and worked on the Nauvoo Temple. He came to Salt Lake City, Utah, in 1849.
Handwritten diaries. Card lived in Logan and Salt Lake City, Utah and in Cardston, Alberta. He farmed and ran an insurance business. He held many positions in the Mormon Church including mission president of the Western Canadian Mission in Edmonton.
Materials include 73 photographs of Latter-day Saint missionaries between 1950 and 1952 and a newspaper clipping on Latter-day Saint missionaries. The missionaries have written notes to Lee T. Cox on the back of their photographs. 72 of the photographs are from the Canadian Mission. There is also a photocopy of a newspaper clipping of a Canadian Latter-day Saint basketball team.
Collection contains the autobiography of Margaret Elizabeth Schutt Gordon. The collection dates from 1866-1954 and accounts her life on the frontier in both Utah and Alberta, as well as financial and family hardships, church service, and transcontinental travel. Provides insight into the experience of Mormon women in the late nineteenth and twentieth centuries. Dated approximately 1866-1954.
Account of his mission to Canada for the Mormon Church. Describes traveling east from Salt Lake City by handcart in the spring of 1857, and his missionary labors in Ontario, particularly in the vicinity of London.
Handwritten diaries in two volumes. The earliest item is for the year 1857 when Huntsman was serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Iowa and Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The later item covers the years 1871 and 1872 during which Huntsman was on a mission in Illinois, Ohio, and Indiana.
Correspondence, diaries, and ledgers. The items relate to McDonald's business activities, his personal life, and to his missionary activities for the Mormon Church in Canada.
Contains four journals kept by Abel S. Rich during his mission presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Canada Mission headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. Materials dated 1934-1938.
The collection contains additional diaries of Charles Ursenbach for the years 1923,1926,1970,1977, and 1978 (all of which are pocket-size); a copy of "A Collection of Hymns For the Use of People Called Bible Christians;" a photograph of Charles Ursenbach with other Latter-day Saint missionaries in Montreal, 1926; and genealogical information on the Ursenbach family and "My Story" by Maureen Ursenbach Beecher, written in October 1957.
- Diaries 7
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Canada 6
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Canada -- History 2
- Mormon missionaries -- Canada -- Diaries 2
- Photocopies 2
- Photographs 2
- Salt Lake City (Utah) -- History 2
- Account books 1
- Autobiographies 1
- Big Cottonwood Planning District (Utah) -- History -- Sources 1
- Business insurance -- Alberta -- Cardston -- History 1
- Calgary (Alta.) 1
- Canada 1
- Cardston (Alta.) -- History 1
- City and Town Life 1
- Genealogies 1
- Home and Family 1
- Letters 1
- Logan (Utah) -- History 1
- London (England) 1
- London (Ont.) 1
- Montréal (Québec) 1
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Canada, Western 1
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- England -- History 1
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Middle West 1
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Ontario 1
- Mormon handcart companies 1
- Mormon missionaries -- Canada 1
- Mormon missionaries -- History 1
- Mormon missionaries -- Middle West -- Diaries 1
- Mormons -- Alberta -- Cardston -- History 1
- Mormons -- Utah -- Big Cottonwood Planning District -- History 1
- Nauvoo (Ill.) -- History 1
- Social Life and Customs 1
- Utah -- Emigration and immigration 1 ∧ less
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 5
- Adams, Arza, 1804-1889 1
- Beecher, Maureen Ursenbach 1
- Card, Joseph Y., 1885-1956 1
- Cox, Lee T., 1929- 1