Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 11
Handwritten and typewritten drafts of a story of a little girl. The story is about a real person but seems to have fictional elements in it. Also included are correspondence. Most of these items deal with Rhoads' attempts to get the story published.
Handwritten book draft. The item is an excerpt from a novel. It is chapters seven and eight of part two of the work. The title of the chapters are "The Balloon Voyage" and "The Escape." The pages are numbered from 66 to 103. The story is about a voyage to a land of many birds. The novel has illustrations and was apparently written for young readers. The author of the item, and the date of its composition are unknown.
Uncorrected printer's proofs. The item is a novel, copyrighted 1960, that was published by Simon & Schuster publishers of New York City in 1961.
Drafts of novels and plays written by William Kenneth Firmage, as well as correspondence concerning his writings, dated circa 1980-1989.
Typewritten manuscript of an unpublished book entitled; "Infatuation: A Fiction Founded on Fact." This work is a novel based on the author's negative experiences with Mormonism.
Typewritten short stories in five volumes which entail six stories. One of the items is a handwritten draft of the story "Stenographer's Hands." The stories are: "The White City," "Unto Us a Child is Born," "The Growing Wall," "The Time Projector," and "Lillith's Left Hand."
Contains materials related to Gerald Lund's fiction writing and career as a Church Education System administrator and teacher. Includes drafts of his works, notes, teaching materials, travel records, articles used in his research and study, and other miscellaneous papers. Materials dated approximately 1970-2014.
Contains drafts and notes from books written by Perry, including Left to Love, and My Forever. Materials date from between 2010 and 2012.
Correspondence, research materials, and drafts relating to Taylor's histories, novels, articles, plays, and motion picture scripts. The materials relate to a wide range of Mormon related topics and to other subjects.
Photocopy of a typewritten play with handwritten corrections. The play is a fictional portrayal of Alcott based on her published and personal writings.
- Literature 10
- Notes 3
- American fiction -- 20th century 2
- Fiction 2
- Letters 2
- Adventure stories 1
- American essays -- 20th century 1
- American letters 1
- American poetry -- 20th century 1
- American prose literature -- Mormon authors 1
- Authors 1
- Authors, American 1
- Authors, American -- History 1
- Authors, Swedenborgian 1
- Biography 1
- Christian fiction, American -- Mormon authors 1
- Church officers -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 1
- Correspondence 1
- Danites (Mormon Church) -- Fiction 1
- Fantasy fiction, American 1
- Histories 1
- Horror tales, American 1
- Literature -- Mormon authors 1
- Material Types 1
- Mayas -- Fiction 1
- Mormon authors 1
- Mormon authors -- History 1
- Mormons -- Fiction 1
- Mormons -- Utah -- Fiction 1
- Novelists, American -- 20th century 1
- Poets, American -- Utah 1
- Religion 1
- Science fiction, American 1
- Women authors, American -- Correspondence 1
- Women authors, American -- Fiction 1
- Women poets, American -- Utah 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Fiction 1 ∧ less
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 2
- Alcott, Louisa May, 1832-1888 1
- Firmage, William Kenneth, 1910- 1
- Houghton, Katharine 1
- Hyde, John, 1833-1875 1
- Keller, David H. (David Henry), 1880-1966 1
- Kimball, Heber C. (Heber Chase), 1801-1868 1
- Lund, Gerald N. 1
- MacDonald, John D. (John Dann), 1916-1986 1
- Perry, Jolene B. (Jolene Betty), 1976- 1
- Rhoads, Dorothy 1
- Taylor, John Whittaker, 1858-1916 1
- Taylor, Samuel W. (Samuel Woolley), 1907-1997 1
- Willardson, Marzetta Stevens 1
- Young, Brigham, 1801-1877 1 ∧ less