Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Salt print photograph of Calvert Jones made from a calotype negative by William Henry Fox Talbot, taken about 1844.
Collection contains one albumen print from a collodion negative of a portrait of Charles Gounod, 1893. The print was made by photographer Paul Nadar, son of Felix Nadar. The photograph is signed and dated by both Gounod and Paul Nadar.
Collection contains publicity and prints of paintings done on weathered wood with Native American and western themes. It also includes the famous "Iwo Jima" piece (signed) finished Sept. 10, 2001, and later presented to President George Bush. This print was signed about a year later at the reunion of the 4th Marine Division on Iwo Jima during the historic battle.
Crazy Horse Mountain prints consists of two large prints: one a portrait of the sculptor and the second a plan for the finished monument. The prints date from circa 1985.
Sale catalogs and circulars, exhibition announcements, prints of Russell's art works, news and magazine articles and clippings, and miscellaneous items. The materials relate to Russell's career as an artist. They document how some of his art work was marketed and published.
Handwritten and signed letter to Denver book dealer Fred Rosenstock, inquiring about out-of-print books. Included with the letter are a retouched watercoloring and a print, both by Sebald.
Composite photograph by Eadweard Muybridge composed of twelve frames of a trotting horse pulling a carriage, taken June 15, 1878 as part of Muybridge's studies of animal locomotion.
- Prints 4
- Photographs 3
- Albumen prints 2
- Material Types 2
- Announcements 1
- Art -- United States -- Exhibitions -- History 1
- Art publishing-United States -- History 1
- Art, American -- History 1
- Articles 1
- Artists -- United States 1
- Artists -- United States -- Biography 1
- Authors, American -- Biography 1
- Catalogs 1
- Crazy Horse Mountain (S.D.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Frontier and pioneer life in art -- Sources 1
- Horses -- Photographs 1
- Images 1
- Letters 1
- Painting, American -- 21st century 1
- Paintings 1
- Photography -- England -- History -- 19th century 1
- Publications 1
- Salted paper prints 1
- Wood 1 ∧ less
- Gounod, Charles, 1818-1893 1
- Jones, Calvert Richard, 1802-1877 1
- Lacock Abbey (England) 1
- Muybridge, Eadweard, 1830-1904 1
- Nadar, Paul, 1856-1939 1