Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Sketchbook with sketches and poems produced when Campbell was on vacation at Sebago Lake, Maine, in 1881. They were done in pencil and ink. The sketches are of scenes and persons Campbell saw or met. The poems largely reflect on life and the nature of Campbell's surroundings. A photocopy of the book is also available.
The collection includes typescripts and holographs of free-form poems and lyrics written by Dixon for various friends, relatives, and theatrical productions.
One notebook with handwritten items in it. It includes poems by Pratt and his wife Belinda Marden Pratt. One poem deals with the martyrdom of the Mormon Prophet, Joseph Smith (1805-1844). Also included are financial records. Likely produced in Utah, although no locations are identified. Dated 1847.
- American poetry -- 19th century 2
- Artifacts 1
- Artists -- Massachusetts -- Cambridgeport -- History 1
- Literature 1
- Maine -- Description and travel 1
- Material Types 1
- Mormon Church -- Apostles 1
- Mormons -- Drama 1
- Mormons -- Poetry 1
- Poetry -- 19th century 1
- Poets, American -- Massachusetts -- Cambridgeport -- History -- Sources 1
- Prose poems, American 1
- Sebago Lake (Me. : Lake) -- History -- Sources 1
- Sketchbooks 1 ∧ less
- Campbell, Robert H. 1
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 1
- Dixon, Sylvia Worsley 1
- Pratt, Belinda Marden, 1820-1894 1
- Pratt, Parley P. (Parley Parker), 1807-1857 1
- Smith, Joseph, Jr., 1805-1844 1 ∧ less