Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Collotype taken by Eadweard Muybridge in 1887. The photograph is titled "Animal Locomotion, Plate 633" and is a series of twenty-four frames of a man riding a galloping horse. In one frame, all four of the horse's feet are off the ground.
Scrapbook with newspaper clippings pasted into it. The materials were taken from various newspapers in the United States and relate to the motion picture industry.
Sketchbook with sketches and poems produced when Campbell was on vacation at Sebago Lake, Maine, in 1881. They were done in pencil and ink. The sketches are of scenes and persons Campbell saw or met. The poems largely reflect on life and the nature of Campbell's surroundings. A photocopy of the book is also available.
Collection contains materials gathered by Rell G. Francis in the course of his research on Elfie Huntington. These materials include original photographs and negatives from Elfie Huntington, copies of her original photographs, letters to and from people that knew Elfie Huntington, other materials from individuals that knew Elfie Huntington, and notes and manuscripts from Rell G. Francis from the course of his research. Materials dated approximatley 1900-2012.
Collection includes an original signed letter and photocopies. The letter was written 14 March 1944, and addressed to Mr. Shelby Holladay of Salt Lake City, Utah. Letter is neatly signed on Parrish's letterhead and postmarked Windsor, Vermont. Parrish briefly describes work that he has done since 1898 and offers suggestions as to how Holladay may acquire reproductions of his work.
Sale catalogs and circulars, exhibition announcements, prints of Russell's art works, news and magazine articles and clippings, and miscellaneous items. The materials relate to Russell's career as an artist. They document how some of his art work was marketed and published.
The Lillian W. Senior letter to B. F. Larsen is addressed to B.F. Larsen in 1937 and is regarding Lillian's art show at the Art Barn as well as her improvement in art.
Composite photograph by Eadweard Muybridge composed of twelve frames of a trotting horse pulling a carriage, taken June 15, 1878 as part of Muybridge's studies of animal locomotion.
- Images 3
- Correspondence 2
- Horses -- Photographs 2
- Letters 2
- Photocopies 2
- Photographs 2
- Publications 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Sketchbooks 2
- Albumen prints 1
- American poetry -- 19th century 1
- Announcements 1
- Art -- United States -- Exhibitions -- History 1
- Art publishing-United States -- History 1
- Art, American -- History 1
- Articles 1
- Artifacts 1
- Artists -- Massachusetts -- Cambridgeport -- History 1
- Artists -- United States -- Biography 1
- Authors, American -- Biography 1
- Autographs 1
- Book of Mormon -- Evidences, authority, etc. 1
- Catalogs 1
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints 1
- Collotypes 1
- Illustrators -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Journalism 1
- Maine -- Description and travel 1
- Motion pictures -- United States -- History 1
- Newspapers 1
- Poets, American -- Massachusetts -- Cambridgeport -- History -- Sources 1
- Portraits 1
- Portraits, group -- Photographs 1
- Postcards 1
- Prints 1
- Sebago Lake (Me. : Lake) -- History -- Sources 1
- Utah 1 ∧ less
- Muybridge, Eadweard, 1830-1904 2
- Astor, Mary, 1906-1987 1
- Campbell, Robert H. 1
- Francis, Rell G., 1928- 1
- Huntington, Elfie, 1868-1949 1