Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Photocopies of correspondence, a diary, newspaper clippings, certificates, and miscellaneous items. The diary was kept between December 1941 and March 1942 and relates Brunson's feelings and observations at the beginning of the United States' involvement in World War II. The correspondence includes items by Peter's father, Lewis Brunson (1831-1888), and by Mormon Church leaders. The clippings relate to the activities of Brunson family members.
Addressed to a teacher in Weber County. Mentions his early knowledge that God had a use for him and comments on the relative worth of being practical-minded and having book learning. Encourages practical education. He notes that he wrote the letter "with my own hand". Typed transcript included.
Handwritten correspondence. Three of the items are photocopies of handwritten items and are from Brigham Young (1801-1877) approving Moore's activities and giving him permission to settle in Strawberry Valley, Utah. One letter is from Stephen Moore to his wife, Eleanor, telling her of his experiences working away from home. Another item is from Eleanor Moore telling her brother of the death of her son, Stephen.
Handwritten letter addressed to Judge Elias Smith dated 14 March 1874 and signed by John Taylor. Taylor informs Smith of money owed him (Taylor) and others by the Caroline H. Debrowske estate.
Handwritten correspondence, certificates, patriarchal blessings, family histories, and genealogies. The items relate to Ammon M. Tenney and to other members of the Tenney family. The letters and certificates are from prominent Mormon Church leaders.
Photocopy of a handwritten letter. The item is dated March 4, 1858 and is addressed to Lewis Brunson (1831-1888), bishop for the Mormon Church in Fillmore, Utah. The letter is an authorization by Young for Brunson to give "Brother Robb" livestock in repayment of a loan he had given to the Mormon Church in Liverpool, England for the purpose of emigration.
Handwritten and signed letter addressed to the United States Treasury in Washington D.C. and dated 30 Dec. 1854. Young writes that he has not been absent from Utah since his appointment as governor neither did he expect to be in the next quarter.
Photocopy of a handwritten letter to the Mormon stake president of Ephraim, Utah by Brigham Young (1801-1877). Brigham Young expresses his wish that at least fifty families from Ephraim settle in Castle Valley.
This collection consists of photocopies of typescripts of the original documents. These letters were written by Young to Horace S. Eldredge, a prominent Mormon Church leader and businessman. The items express Young's opinions on church finances and policies and Utah political issues.
- Correspondence 6
- Material Types 6
- Fillmore (Utah) -- History 3
- Certificates 2
- Church Government 2
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints 2
- Home and Family 2
- Social Life and Customs 2
- Utah -- History 2
- Castle Valley (Emery County, Utah) -- History 1
- Diaries 1
- Education 1
- Education -- Utah -- History -- Sources 1
- Estates (Law) -- Utah -- History -- Sources 1
- Genealogies 1
- Mormon pioneers -- History 1
- Mormons -- Arizona -- History 1
- Mormons -- Colonization -- Utah -- Emery County 1
- Mormons -- Utah -- Castle Valley -- History 1
- Mormons -- Utah -- Correspondence 1
- Mormons -- Utah -- Fillmore -- History 1
- Mormons -- Utah -- Saint George -- History 1
- Photocopies 1
- Politics, Government, and Law 1
- Provo (Utah) -- History 1
- Saint George (Utah) -- History 1
- Strawberry Valley (Wasatch County, Utah) -- History -- Sources 1
- Territorial Government 1
- United States -- History -- 1933-1945 -- Sources 1
- Utah -- History -- 19th century 1
- Utah -- Politics and government -- 19th century 1 ∧ less
- Young, Brigham, 1801-1877 8
- Brunson, Lewis, 1831-1888 3
- Branson family 1
- Brunson, Peter Lorenzo 1
- Canfield, Rose (Rosalthe), 1841-1931 1
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 1
- Debrowske, Caroline H. 1
- Eldredge, Horace S. (Horace Sunderlin), 1816-1888 1
- Fish, Joseph, 1840-1926 1
- Moore, Eleanor 1
- Moore, Stephen Bliss, 1836-1894 1
- Smith, Elias, 1804-1888 1
- Smith, George Albert, 1817-1875 1
- Snow, Erastus Fairbanks, 1818-1888 1
- Snow, Lorenzo, 1814-1901 1
- Taylor, John, 1808-1887 1
- Tenney, Ammon M. (Ammon Meshach), 1844-1925 1
- Tinney family 1
- Utah Expedition (1857-1858) 1
- Wells, Daniel H. (Daniel Hanmer), 1814-1891 1
- Young, Brigham, 1836-1903 1 ∧ less