Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Correspondence, article and book drafts, minutes of the NWAF meetings, and financial records of Ferguson's trips to Central America. Most of these materials relate to his interests in Mesoamerican archaeology and how that discipline improves Mormon understanding of the Book of Mormon. The collection also has information relating to the views of Mormon archaeologists.
Research notes, photocopies of drawings and photographs, a script, articles, correspondence, and archaeological site reports. The materials relate to Folsom's research on Indians of North America including antiquities and arrow heads, primarily in the American Southwest.
Contains two journals of Keinke's mission to Illinois and Indiana for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints between 1896 and 1898, seven journals kept as a member of the Brigham Young Academy South American Expedition of 1900-1902, and archaelogical and miscellaneous papers. Also includes a bound typescript of the expedition journals.
Typewritten letter dated March 17, 1894 and addressed to Charles H. S. Davis of Meriden, Connecticut. Davis was an Egyptologist. Putnam thanks Davis for the information he has provided that would be helpful in publishing "The Book of the Dead." Also included is a handwritten and undated letter in French from a "professor Rigal" to Paul Pierret, a French Egyptologist, asking permission to quote from Pierret's book.
The collection consists of two folders from the mission of Max. H. Russell from 1932-1934. It contains correspondence, photographs, booklets, as well as a transcribed interview with Max H. Russell. Most of the documents are regarding the use of the Book of Mormon tour using a film strip showing archaeological sites at ancienct ruins to spark interest in the church.
Typewritten and handwritten correspondence. The materials are to and from various archaeologists at numerous universities and colleges in the United States. Sorenson corresponds about issues relating to the Indians of South and Central America and the archaeolgy of those regions.
- L. Tom Perry Special Collections 5
- L. Tom Perry Special Collections. University Archives 1
- Archaeology 5
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences 5
- Letters 4
- Correspondence 3
- Material Types 3
- Archaeologists -- Utah -- Correspondence 2
- Indians of Central America -- Antiquities 2
- Archaeologists -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Archaeologists -- United States -- History 1
- Archaeology -- Utah 1
- Book of Mormon -- Antiquities 1
- Book of the dead 1
- Central America -- Antiquities 1
- Colleges and Universities 1
- Diaries 1
- Drawings 1
- Education 1
- Egyptologists -- Correspondence 1
- Electronic books 1
- Folsom culture -- History -- Sources 1
- Indians of Mexico -- Antiquities 1
- Indians of North America -- Antiquities -- History -- Sources 1
- Indians of South America 1
- Indians of South America -- Antiquities 1
- Missions and Missionaries 1
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Illinois -- History 1
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Indiana -- History 1
- Mormon missionaries -- California 1
- Mormon missionaries -- Illinois -- History 1
- Mormon missionaries -- Indiana -- History 1
- North America -- Antiquities -- History -- Sources 1
- Notes 1
- Publishers and Publishing -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Reports 1
- South America -- Antiquities 1 + ∧ less
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 2
- Brigham Young Academy. South American Expedition (1900-1901) 1
- Davis, Charles Henry Stanley 1
- Ferguson, Thomas Stuart 1
- Folsom, Franklin 1