Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Contains histories of the ASBYU as kept by each secretary-historian, highlighting the most important events during each school year. The volumes contain meeting minutes, photocopies of newspaper articles, correspondence, brochures, pamphlets, event programs, and other miscellaneous items that were deemed to have a historical value. Materials dated 1922-1986.
Contains two Brigham Young University dance cards, one from Junior Prom of 1917 which lists patrons such as George Brimhall and Joseph F. Smith, and the other from the Annual Girl's Ball in the Ladies Gym, 1917. Each have pencils on string connected to the cards.
Contains programs for the BYU Dance Review performances from 1930, 1932, 1933, 1935, 1936, 1937.
The collection contains negatives and photographs of various performances from the College of Fine Arts and Communications. Topics include music and dance programs. Materials date from between 1967 and 1968.
Contains photographs of dance classes, people looking through a telescope, and James Stewart's visit to BYU. Also contains a short video on DVD of people looking through the telescope and a compact disc with photographs of BYU broadcasting.
Contains meeting minutes, reports, surveys, reviews, memorada, correspondence, internal reviews, accreditation files, video recordings, and other material produced by the Department of Dance. Includes dance instructions for a wide variety of dances and files related to the Mutual Improvement Association. Materials date from between 1953 and 2012.
Materials include a photocopy and two digital copies on a compact disc of the scrapbook for the Brigham Young University International Folk Dancers, dating from between 1951 and 1964. Also contains the original scrapbook from which the photocopies were made.
DVD sound recording and transcript of an oral history interview with Ballif. The interview includes her time as a student at Brigham Young University from 1915-1916, her time as a student of Radcliffe College in Boston in 1921, and the initial years of her service in the newly-created Dance program at BYU from the 1920s and 1930s. Material dated August 1982.
Collection of phonographs of various sources and sizes. Includes children's educational music, radio programs, sound effects, film scores composed by Max Steiner, General Conference talks, Mormon Tabernacle Choir recordings, theater productions and church radio dramas. Also included are recordings from various genres including Christmas, orchestral, opera, choral, dance, and folk. Collection consists of approximately 700 phonographs.
- Dance 3
- Photographs 3
- Books 2
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 2
- College students -- Utah -- Provo 2
- Compact discs 2
- DVDs 2
- Dance -- Utah -- Provo -- History 2
- Dance cards 2
- Letters 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences 1
- Audio-visual materials 1
- Balls (Parties) -- Utah -- Provo 1
- College sports -- Utah -- Provo 1
- College students -- Utah -- Folklore 1
- Dance -- Study and teaching -- Utah -- Provo -- History 1
- Dance -- Study and teaching -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs 1
- Dance -- Utah -- Provo 1
- Dance -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs 1
- Dance companies -- Utah -- Provo 1
- Education, Higher -- Utah -- Provo -- History 1
- Financial records 1
- Folk dancing 1
- Histories 1
- Minutes (Records) 1
- Music 1
- Music -- Performance -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs 1
- Negatives 1
- Notes 1
- Oral histories 1
- Performing Arts 1
- Performing arts -- Utah -- Provo 1
- Performing arts in motion pictures 1
- Phonograph records 1
- Programs 1
- Radio broadcasting -- Utah -- Provo 1
- Reports 1
- Shorthand 1
- Social Life and Customs 1
- Sound recordings 1
- Sports and Recreation 1
- Student Life 1
- Student records 1
- Telescopes -- Photographs 1
- Transcripts 1 ∧ less
- Brigham Young University 6
- Brigham Young University. College of Fine Arts and Communications 2
- Brigham Young University. Department of Physical Education--Dance 2
- International Folk Dance Ensemble 2
- Jensen, Mary Bee 2
- Arrington, Gigi, 1956- 1
- Associated Students of Brigham Young University 1
- Ballif, Algie E. (Algie Eggertsen), 1896-1984 1
- Brigham Young University. College of Fine Arts 1
- Brigham Young University. College of Physical Education 1
- Brigham Young University. Department of Dance 1
- Brigham Young University. Student Service Association 1
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Annual General Conference 1
- Lindsey, Afton M. 1
- McCardell, Marion Wixom, 1954- 1
- Stewart, James, 1908-1997 1 ∧ less