Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Contains correspondence, notes, reports, meeting minutes, clippings, syllabi, and articles from the Department of Linguistics and English Language from 1957 to 2008. The materials pertain to the history of the department, concordance of Mormon scriptures, department retreats, awards banquets, visiting scholars, and students.
Contains information pertaining to the English Composition Department. Includes research proposals, syllabi from English 115 and Advanced Writing classes, evaluations, and student records. Materials date from between 1976 and 2003.
Contains materials from the English Department dating 1984-2004. These materials include correspondence, course outlines, reports, minutes, and theses.
This collection contains English Composition's history from 1975-1983. The collection includes scrapbooks, papers, publications, poetry, etc.
Test booklets on various topics from the English Department.
Examinations, correspondence, research notes, and essays. Also included is a 5 1/4 computer disc. The materials relate to Madsen's teaching English as a second language at Brigham Young University.
Comments on his choice of English as a field of study; great American authors; academic freedom at BYU, including controversies in the late 1960s; and participation with his wife in the China Teachers Program sponsored by BYU's David M. Kennedy Center for International Studies, 1983-1984 and 1991-1992. Interviewed by Carol Clark Ottesen. Sound is distorted on part of the audio recording.
Contains talks, devotional addresses, and religious articles published by Chauncey C. Riddle from 1962-1998.
Contains text of her address, "The moral challenges for the next century," given at Brigham Young University, and of special convocation where BYU presented her with an honorary doctorate degree.
- L. Tom Perry Special Collections. University Archives 9
- L. Tom Perry Special Collections 1
- Essays 3
- Letters 3
- Articles 2
- English language -- Composition and exercises 2
- English language -- Study and teaching -- Foreign speakers 2
- Examinations 2
- Histories 2
- Minutes (Records) 2
- Notes 2
- Outlines 2
- Reports 2
- Academic freedom 1
- Authors, American 1
- China -- Foreign relations -- 1976- 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 1
- Dissertations, Academic 1
- English 1
- English language 1
- English language -- Study and teaching -- Utah -- Provo 1
- English language -- Study and teaching -- Utah -- Provo -- Foreign speakers -- History 1
- English teachers 1
- Handbooks and manuals 1
- Linguistics -- Study and teaching -- Utah -- Provo -- History -- Sources 1
- Mormon Church -- Sacred books 1
- Oral histories 1
- Outlines and syllabi 1
- Philosophy 1
- Poetry 1
- Religion 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Sermons, English 1
- Speeches, addresses, etc. 1
- Speeches, addresses, etc., English 1
- TESL at BYU 1
- Translating and interpreting -- Utah -- Provo -- History -- Sources 1 ∧ less
- Brigham Young University. English Department 4
- Madsen, Harold S. (Harold Stanley), 1926- 2
- Brigham Young University. Department of Linguistics (1972-1978) 1
- Brigham Young University. Department of Linguistics (1982-1983) 1
- Brigham Young University. Department of Linguistics (1989-2002) 1
- Brigham Young University. Department of Linguistics and ESL 1
- Brigham Young University. Department of Linguistics and English Language 1
- Brigham Young University. Department of Linguistics and Special Languages 1
- David M. Kennedy Center for International Studies 1
- Great Britain. Prime Minister 1
- Jacobs, Briant 1
- Joint Oral History Project (Brigham Young University) 1
- Ottesen, Carol Clark 1
- Riddle, Chauncey Cazier, 1926- 1
- Thatcher, Margaret 1
- Translation Sciences Institute 1 ∧ less