Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Typewritten letter addressed "to Presidents of Stakes, Bishops, and Stake Superintendents of Sunday Schools." The item expresses faith in the Sunday School system of the Mormon Church and states that it will help the membership earn their salvation. The letter was signed by Cannon, George Goddard, and Karl G. Maeser as members of the General Superintendency of Sunday School for the Mormon Church. The signatures were placed on the item by some form of mechanical reproducing process.
Handwritten and typewritten drafts and final versions of speeches and Sunday school lessons. Also included are newspaper clippings, magazine articles, and a biography of Felt by her children. Most of the materials are intended for Mormon children and teach simple precepts of the Mormon faith.
This collection consists of a diary kept in a notebook. One section of the journal covers the years 1885-1886 when McCullough traveled to California to work. The remaining section covers the years 1895-1896. At this time McCullough was active in the Mormon Church. He visited local Mormon wards and branches and held meetings relating to the Sunday School.
Typewritten and mimeographed rules for conducting Sunday School meetings, including prayer meeting, opening exercises, classes, and the closing exercises.
Handwritten meeting minutes of the sunday school held in Farmington, New Mexico for the Mormon Church. The item records the songs and mentions who conducted the meetings, led the singing, and gave talks.
Typewritten letter dated 10 March 1893 to be sent to all the Superintendents of Sunday Schools. The item explains that the Sunday School hopes to make money from the proceeds of a concert to be held in Salt Lake City, Utah on 6 April 1893.
- Church Educational System 3
- Church Government 3
- Diaries 2
- Letters 2
- California -- Description and travel 1
- Drafts (Documents) 1
- Farmington (N.M.) -- History 1
- Lists 1
- Marion (Utah) -- History -- Sources 1
- Minutes (Records) 1
- Mormon authors -- History 1
- Mormon women -- Utah -- Salt Lake City -- History 1
- Mormons -- New Mexico -- Farmington -- History 1
- Mormons -- Utah -- History 1
- Mormons -- Utah -- Salt Lake City -- History 1
- Notes 1
- Polygamy -- Law and legislation -- United States 1
- Polygamy -- Utah -- History -- 19th century 1
- Religion 1
- Salt Lake City (Utah) -- Social Life and Customs -- 19th century 1
- Speeches, addresses, etc., American 1 ∧ less
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 3
- Cannon, Abraham H. (Abraham Hoagland), 1859-1896 1
- Cannon, George Q. (George Quayle), 1827-1901 1
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. First Council of the Seventy 1
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Seventeenth Ward (Salt Lake City, Utah) 1