Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Handwritten correspondence, a list, and licenses, including one printed form with handwritten notations. The letters are by Francis, Pierre Francois Faius (Vicar-general of the Geneva diocese), Charles Auguste de Sales (Francis' nephew and successor as Bishop of Geneva), and Antoine Favre (a friend of Francis). Also included is a typewritten biography of Francis.
Handwritten biography of Thomas Stapleton in Latin believed to have been written by Henry Holland for the prefix to the compilation of Stapleton's works entitled: "Opera Omnia." The work was published in 1620. Stapleton was an important Catholic writer and scholar in England.
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences 1
- Catholic Church -- France -- History 1
- Catholic Church -- History -- 17th century 1
- Catholicism 1
- Catholics -- England -- Biography 1
- French 1
- Italian 1
- Multiple languages 1
- Catholic Church 1
- Faius, Pierre Francois 1
- Favre, Antoine, 1557-1624 1
- Francis, de Sales, Saint, 1567-1622 1
- Holland, Henry, 1583-1650? 1