Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Handwritten and signed letters. Most of these letters were to friends and other English writers including Alice Acland, Elizabeth Bowen, and Lord David Cecil. Hartley discusses various aspects of literature, discusses many of his works, and asks about how they may be improved.
Holograph of an unpublished short story, "The Countess," on 13 loose foolscap pages. The work includes revisions and deletions and was the last the author completed. Autobiographical material is contained in a quarto notebook. In is handwritten and includes revisions, deletions and marginal notes.
- Critics -- Great Britain -- Biography -- Sources 2
- Letters 2
- Authors, English -- Correspondence 1
- Autobiographies 1
- Correspondence 1
- Hartley, L. P. (Leslie Poles), 1895-1972 2
- Acland, Alice, 1912- 1
- Bowen, Elizabeth, 1899-1973 1
- Cecil, David, 1902-1986 1
- Horner, David 1
- Kitchin, C. H. B. (Clifford Henry Benn), 1895-1967 1
- Sansom, William, 1912-1976 1
- Stark, Freya 1 ∧ less