Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Autobiographical materials, publishers' correspondence and contracts, and manuscripts for literary works. Anthony Armstrong flourished from 1924 to 1976 and was known for writing in several literary genres, including historical, humorous, crime, and country novels; humorous short stories; drama; nonfiction works; and film and radio scripts.
A typed biographical sketch of John Oxenham, an English author. His real name was William Arthur Dunkerley. Mentions his business experiences in France and the United States. Mainly traces the beginnings of his writing career.
Handwritten and signed letter dated 17 Sept. 1902. Brooke tells an unnamed friend that he would be glad to see him whenever he may be able to come on a visit.
Handwritten and signed letters addressed to Rex Taylor. One item was typed. They were all written in Mallorca, Spain. Graves writes mainly about personal and family matters. He mentions that he considers "Sorley" (probably Charles Hamilton Sorely) to be the best poet of his generation whom he once met and about whom he once wrote a poem.
Typewritten and signed letter dated 6 July 1943 and addressed to Mrs. Rhoda Twyman of Galveston, Texas. Guest congradulates Twyman on her interest in the United Nations and in its flag.
Typewritten book manuscript for publication. The item includes handwritten corrections made by the author. This novel is a mystery about how a girl died.
The Papers pertaining to Rex Warner include a copy of "Greek Horizons" to which Rex Warner was a contributor, an evelope with newspaper clippings and a typed copy of highlights relating to Rex Warner in French, a typed draft of "Prometheus Bound" written by Rex Warner, and an original drawing for the cover of Rex Warner's "Men of Stones" by Holland.
- Subject: Authors, English -- 20th century X
- Material Types 7
- Correspondence 6
- Authors, English -- 20th century -- Correspondence 5
- Letters 5
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences 4
- Literature 4
- Authors, English -- 20th century -- Biography 3
- Authors, English -- 20th century 2
- Authors, English -- Manuscripts 2
- English literature -- 20th century -- History -- Sources 2
- English literature -- Manuscripts 2
- Papers (Documents) 2
- Poets, English -- 20th century -- Correspondence 2
- Authors, American -- 19th century 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century 1
- Authors, English -- 19th century 1
- Autographs 1
- Biographies 1
- Editors -- Great Britain 1
- Editors -- United States 1
- Education, Elementary -- Spain 1
- English fiction 20th century 1
- Envelopes (Stationery) 1
- Manuscripts 1
- Politicians -- Great Britain 1
- Politicians -- United States 1
- Portraits 1
- Scrapbooks 1 + ∧ less
- Armstrong, Anthony, 1897-1976 2
- Graves, Robert, 1895-1985 2
- Aylesworth, Barton Orville, 1860-1933 1
- Brooke, Tucker, 1883-1946 1
- Graves family 1
- Graves, William 1
- Guest, Edgar A. (Edgar Albert), 1881-1959 1
- Hopkins, Kenneth 1
- Oxenham, Erica 1
- Oxenham, John, 1852-1941 1
- Rosenstock, Fred A., 1895- 1
- Savage, D. S. (Derek S.) 1
- Sorley, Charles Hamilton, 1895-1915 1
- Taylor, Rex 1
- Tyman, Rhoda 1
- United Nations 1
- Warner, Rex, 1905-1986 1
- Wells, Kenneth Dale, 1908-1998 1 + ∧ less