Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Correspondence, concert programs, music scores, and miscellaneous items. Includes correspondence of Bowen when she was in Germany as an opera singer from 1898 to 1914 and later when she was a voice and music teacher in Salt Lake City, Utah. Also included are letters from her husband, Albert E. Bowen from 1897 to 1923 and Lucy's agent, Catherine A. Bowman. Some of the materials relate to the Lucy Gates Opera Company.
These papers document Elian's life and career as a harp soloist from the 1910s onward, her year as a musician in Hollywood studio orchestras (1926-1954), and significantly her marriage (1936-1946) to film composer Max Steiner. Also covered is Elian's concert career as a member of symphony orchestras and ballet companies as well as soloist appearing worldwide (1950-1986).
Contains annual compilations of programs distributed at music performances of Brigham Young University's School of Music in Provo, Utah. Each of the 48 volumes contains programs for a given school year. Collection has volumes from 1948-2018 except for the following years: 1982-1983 through 1995-1996, 1997-1998 and 1998-1999.
Materials include correspondence, memoranda, programs, reports, meeting minutes, and other materials concerning the School of Music, including class materials, faculty files, performing group files, and other general office files. Dated 1980-2001.
Collection contains materials that were collected during Weight's years of teaching music at Provo High School, Brigham Young University, and University of Utah. It includes audiotapes, photographs, programs, newspaper clippings, and tour information. Materials dated 1948-1984.
- L. Tom Perry Special Collections 3
- L. Tom Perry Special Collections. University Archives 2
- Performing Arts 4
- Colleges and Universities 3
- Education 3
- Letters 3
- Music 2
- Performing arts -- Utah -- Provo 2
- Photographs 2
- Audiotapes 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 1
- Correspondence 1
- Hollywood (Los Angeles, Calif.) 1
- Material Types 1
- Memorandums 1
- Minutes (Records) 1
- Motion picture music 1
- Motion pictures 1
- Music -- Instruction and study -- Utah 1
- Music -- Instruction and study -- Utah -- Provo 1
- Music students -- Utah -- Provo 1
- Music teachers -- Utah -- Archives 1
- Opera -- Utah -- History -- Sources 1
- Reports 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Sound recordings 1
- Student Life 1
- Women musicians -- Utah -- Salt Lake City -- History -- Sources 1
- Women singers -- Utah -- Salt Lake City -- History -- Sources 1 + ∧ less
- Brigham Young University. Department of Music 2
- Brigham Young University. School of Music 2
- Bowen, Albert E. (Albert Ernest), 1875-1953 1
- Bowen, Emma Lucy Gates, 1880-1951 1
- Bowman, C. A. 1