Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Handwritten and signed letters. Most of these letters were to friends and other English writers including Alice Acland, Elizabeth Bowen, and Lord David Cecil. Hartley discusses various aspects of literature, discusses many of his works, and asks about how they may be improved.
Handwritten and signed letter dated 14 May 1910. Addressed to Curtis Brown, the document details Hewlett's inability to have a novel ready for Collins by 1 January.
Handwritten and signed letter. Lytton tells "Sir" that he is too busy to have "the gratification of assisting" him.
Handwritten and signed letter dated March 23, 1943 and addressed to Lord Noel Buxton. The letter discusses a biography by Mottram of Sir Thomas Buxton. Included with the letter are three reviews of the book "Buxton the Liberator."
- Authors and publishers 1
- Authors, English -- Biography 1
- Critics -- Great Britain -- Biography -- Sources 1
- English literature -- History and criticism 1
- Acland, Alice, 1912- 1
- Bowen, Elizabeth, 1899-1973 1
- Buxton, Thomas Fowell, Sir, 1786-1845 1
- Cecil, David, 1902-1986 1
- Hartley, L. P. (Leslie Poles), 1895-1972 1