Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Collection of lantern slides of art
Collection is composed of 69 lantern slides dating from approximately 1888 to 1950. The majority of the slides are photographs of paintings by John Hafen. There are also two slides of a painting by Rose Hartwell and two slides of paintings by John Hafen's son, Virgil Hafen. There are also two portraits on John Hafen, one by Will Vawter and the other photographer not identified. There is also a photograph taken by George Edward Anderson of John Hafen's son, Joseph, and John's wife, Thora.
Vernon H. Jensen painting of student residence in Provo, Utah
Framed image depicting a small dwelling with a young man lying on the ground in front, holding a book. The structure, located near the campus of Brigham Young University, was called the Granary. A number of students who were involved in literary pursuits at the university lived in the Granary and nearby dwellings.
C. R. Savage painting of Brigham Young homes
Contains a painting of Brigham Young's home in Salt Lake City, Utah and some of the surrounding landscape painted in 1861.
Utah, Salt Lake City
Watercolor painting of some of the landscape and city of Salt Lake City, Utah. Item bears the phrase "L. Rock, 1858."
- Salt Lake City (Utah) -- Pictorial works 2
- Art 1
- Art -- Utah 1
- Art and religion 1
- Art, American -- 20th century 1
- Artists -- Utah 1
- Black-and-white slides 1
- Buildings, structures, etc. -- Provo (Utah) 1
- Colleges and Universities 1
- Education 1
- Images 1
- Landscapes 1
- Lantern slides 1
- Mormon art 1
- Mormon artists 1
- Painting -- Photographs 1
- Painting -- Utah 1
- Painting, American -- 20th century 1
- Painting, American -- Utah -- Photographs 1
- Watercolors (Paintings) 1 ∧ less
- Brigham Young University 1
- Hafen, John, 1856-1910 1
- Savage, C. R. (Charles Roscoe), 1832-1909 1
- Young, Brigham, 1801-1877 1