Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Typewritten book draft. "A study of the historical, doctrinal, prophetical, and promise content of our L. D. S. hymns and classification based on the propriety of hymn selection." The work is a history and an analysis of LDS hymns and of those who wrote them. The item was coauthored by Florence J. Madsen (1886-1977).
Typed copy of the book manuscript, "Leroy Robertson," a noted musical composer, which was written by his daughter. The item describes Robertson's life and works, including his teaching in the music department of Brigham Young University (1925-1948) and the University of Utah (1948-1965) and his involvement with music in the Mormon Church. Also included is a published copy of the book signed by the author.
Research notes, drafts, transcipts of interviews, and correspondence. The materials relate to Stoddard's research into the life and career of Frances Elliott Clark, a music teacher and author in Indiana and Utah. Stoddard's research led to his dissertation on Clark.
- Music 3
- Letters 2
- Church music -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 1
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 1
- Fine Arts 1
- Interviews 1
- Mormons -- Songs and music 1
- Music -- Instruction and study -- History -- Sources 1
- Musicians -- Utah 1
- Notated music 1
- Notes 1
- Women music teachers -- History -- Sources 1 ∧ less
- Abravanel, Maurice, 1903-1993 1
- Brigham Young University. Department of Music 1
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 1
- Clark, Frances Elliott 1
- Durham, Lowell M. 1