Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 11
Programs, newspaper clippings, pamphlets, newsletters, letters received, records, and cassette tapes. The materials relate to Bazelon's career as a composer, musician, and director.
Collection includes research materials and notes gathered by Paul F. Boller for a possible biography of film composer Max Steiner. Includes published music by Steiner from as early as 1910.
Collection includes materials that resulted from Eleanor Fell's career as a profesisonal harpist. Materials are in the form of handwritten manuscripts, photocopied manuscripts, sheet music, photocopied sheet music, published works, a tape and CD's. There are correspondence between Eleanor and other harpists regarding Vanderbilt Music Company - her music publishing company. Also, there are a few pieces of music from members of Eleanor's family. Dates range from 1936-2011.
Music manuscripts for motion picture and television scores that Friedhofer orchestrated or composed during his career in Hollywood. Also includes his correspondence with family and friends, photographs, and manuscripts of his compositions for orchestra. 6 digital audio tape transfers of Hugo Friedhofer music added in 2016.
Materials include classical, stage, and film music sketches and scores, phonograph disk and audio tape recordings, videotapes, books, awards and memorabilia. Dated approximately 1950-1995.
Contains hand-written manuscripts for compositions and transcriptions for harp pieces by Hugh Raymond Newsom including the Children's Suite and various pieces of religious music and Marjorie Brunton Newson's notebooks of music he arranged. It also includes a photograph and LPs of Hugh Newsom, 1938-1976.
Correspondence, doctoral dissertation notes, music manuscripts, programs, and newspaper reviews of performances and recordings.
Handwritten music scores and accompanying words. Many of the lyrics were written by Jessie Beatrice Chadsey. The songs are entitled: "Waiting for You" and "Birdling." The dates of composition are uncertain.
Personal; music; awards; scrap books; film music, sketches, scores, and recordings; general music; and photographs. The materials relate to Steiner's life and his numerous musical compositions. 6 wine glasses, 1 cigarette case that once belonged to Max Steiner. Audio cassette of an interview between Leonetta Stein and Wesly Carlson, 14 June 1981. Materials dated 1880-1981.
- Letters 6
- Composers -- United States 5
- Motion picture music 5
- Scores 5
- Photographs 4
- Composers -- United States -- History 2
- Interviews 2
- Long-playing records 2
- Material Types 2
- Music -- Manuscripts 2
- Newspapers 2
- Women composers -- United States -- History -- Sources 2
- Awards 1
- Casablanca (Motion picture) 1
- Cigarette cases 1
- Compact discs 1
- Composers -- Austria 1
- Composers -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Film composers 1
- Film composers -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Gone with the wind (Motion picture) 1
- Harp 1
- Harpists -- United States 1
- Informer (Motion picture : 1935) 1
- Jewish composers -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- King Kong (Motion picture : 1933) 1
- Mormons -- Songs and music -- History 1
- Motion picture music -- United States -- History and criticism 1
- Motion picture plays 1
- Newsletters 1
- Notated music 1
- Notes 1
- Now, Voyager (Motion picture : 1942) 1
- Opera -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Operas -- Scores -- History -- Sources 1
- Operetta -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Pamphlets 1
- Postcards 1
- Publications 1
- Research (Documents) 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Searchers (Motion picture) 1
- Since you went away (Motion picture : 1944) 1
- Songs -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Sound recordings 1
- Souvenirs (Keepsakes) 1
- Star is born (Motion picture : 1937) 1
- Summer place (Motion picture: 1959) 1
- Television music 1
- Treasure of the Sierra Madre (Motion picture : 1948) 1
- Video tapes 1
- Videocassettes 1
- Wine glasses 1 ∧ less
- Steiner, Max, 1888-1971 3
- Addison, John, 1920-1998 1
- Bazelon, Irwin 1
- Boller, Paul F. 1
- Chadsey, Jessie Beatrice 1