Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
L. P. Hartley letters
Handwritten and signed letters. Most of these letters were to friends and other English writers including Alice Acland, Elizabeth Bowen, and Lord David Cecil. Hartley discusses various aspects of literature, discusses many of his works, and asks about how they may be improved.
Maurice Henry Hewlett letter
Handwritten and signed letter dated 14 May 1910. Addressed to Curtis Brown, the document details Hewlett's inability to have a novel ready for Collins by 1 January.
I told you so
Handwritten essay dealing with the Dublin Strike of 1913, and the unhappy part Mrs. Montefiore played in it. He also comments on the condition of Catholics in Great Britain.
Edward Bulwer Lytton Lytton letter
Handwritten and signed letter. Lytton tells "Sir" that he is too busy to have "the gratification of assisting" him.
R. H. Mottram letter
Handwritten and signed letter dated March 23, 1943 and addressed to Lord Noel Buxton. The letter discusses a biography by Mottram of Sir Thomas Buxton. Included with the letter are three reviews of the book "Buxton the Liberator."
- Letters 4
- Authors and publishers 1
- Authors, English -- Biography 1
- Catholics -- Great Britain -- History 1
- Critics -- Great Britain -- Biography -- Sources 1
- Dublin (Ireland) -- History -- Sources 1
- English literature -- History and criticism 1
- Essays 1
- Ireland -- History -- 1910-1921 1 ∧ less
- Acland, Alice, 1912- 1
- Bowen, Elizabeth, 1899-1973 1
- Buxton, Thomas Fowell, Sir, 1786-1845 1
- Cecil, David, 1902-1986 1
- Chesterton, G. K. (Gilbert Keith), 1874-1936 1