Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Handwritten poems. The items are on numerous themes including the death of family members and loved ones, birthdays, current events, and spirituality. Many of the items refer to events in the Price, Utah area.
The collection includes typescripts and holographs of free-form poems and lyrics written by Dixon for various friends, relatives, and theatrical productions.
Typewritten poem with handwritten corrections in red ink. The item was written by an unknown Mormon author and deals with Mormon doctrine. The date of compositon is uncertain.
Handwritten poems and songs. Also included is a biography of Evans written by his granddaughter, Grace McLachlan Foxley, in 1940. The dating of the songs and poems is uncertain. At least one was written when Evans was on his mission in Liverpool, England.
Holograph scripts for The Converts (1844-1849), a three act play, and My Wife's Gone to the City (1856), and a holograph copy of his song, "The Men of 76 and the Boys of 47" (1856). Also includes a playbill, newspaper clipping and provenance notes.
Handwritten and typed poems with handwritten corrections. Many of the items were clipped from the Women's Exponent and other Latter-Day Saint publications. The newspapers from which they were clipped are located with the collection. The materials deal largely with Latter-Day Saint themes.
- Mormons -- Poetry 5
- Literature 4
- American poetry -- 19th century 3
- Fine Arts 3
- American poetry -- 20th century 2
- Mormons -- Drama 2
- Mormons -- Poetry -- History -- Sources 2
- Poetry 2
- Art and religion 1
- Ashley Valley (Utah) -- History 1
- Biography 1
- Illustrations 1
- Mormon art 1
- Mormon pioneers -- Biography 1
- Mormon women -- Utah -- Ashley Valley -- History -- Sources 1
- Nauvoo (Ill.) -- History 1
- Nauvoo (Ill.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Newspapers 1
- Polygamy -- Religious aspects -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 1
- Price (Utah) -- History 1
- Prose poems, American 1
- Religion and poetry 1
- Songs 1
- Women poets, American 1
- Women poets, American -- Utah -- Ashley Valley -- History -- Sources 1
- Women poets, American -- Utah -- History -- Sources 1 ∧ less
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 1
- Dillman, Julia Ellen Davis, 1862-1904 1
- Dixon, Sylvia Worsley 1
- Evans, William Minshall 1
- W. D. 1