Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Handwritten letter dated 5 Sept. 1877 and addressed to Wilford Woodruff (1807-1898) who later became the fourth president of the Mormon Church. Reynolds writes a brief letter dealing with business transactions.
Photocopies of typed copies of letters sent by John Taylor to his wives and to such LDS Church leaders as Brigham Young and Wilford Woodruff. The materials deal largely with family and Church matters. Also included are photocopies of handwritten notes on Taylor's various wives.
Mechanically reproduced ticket with the stamped signature of Wilford Woodruff on it. The item admits the bearer to the dedication of the Salt Lake Temple of the Mormon Church.
Photocopies of letters exchanged between Wilford Woodruff and his brother, Asahel. Wilford describes baptising their family members into the Mormon Church and establishing a branch of that Church in Farmington, Conn. He announces the 14 July birth of his daughter and outlines preparations to migrate to Missouri. He bears testimony to the truthfulness of the Mormon Church.
Printed invitation to the dedication of the Salt Lake Temple of the Mormon Church. Woodruff's signature on the item was placed there by some kind of mechanical reproductive process.
Handwritten and signed letter to M. Richards Jr. of Parowan Utah. The item is a request for Richards to surrender a certificate for 300 shares of Deseret Telegraph Stock to Woodruff.
Handwritten and signed letter, dated October 18, 1887, and addressed to Jacob G. Bigler. Woodruff writes about Bigler's unmarried daughter being baptized in the temple for her health. The item was composed in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Typewritten letter, addressed to John D. T. McAllister, dated August 31, 1894, and signed by Wilford Woodruff and Joseph F. Smith. Woodruff and Smith inform McAllister that he will remain president of the Manti Temple after the return of the former president, Anthon H. Lund.
- Letters 6
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints 5
- Mormon Church -- Presidents 5
- Mormons -- Correspondence 5
- Church Government 4
- Correspondence 3
- Material Types 3
- Mormon Church -- Presidents -- Correspondence 3
- Baptism -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- History -- Sources 1
- Businessmen -- Utah -- Correspondence 1
- Mormons -- Connecticut -- History 1
- Photocopies 1
- Polygamy -- Religious aspects -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- History 1
- Polygamy -- Utah -- History 1
- Stock certificates -- Utah -- History 1
- Tickets 1 ∧ less
- Salt Lake Temple 2
- Bigler, Alice 1
- Bigler, Jacob G., 1813-1907 1
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 1
- Lund, Anthon H., 1844-1921 1