Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Research materials compiled by Cook in 1977. They include photocopies of miscellaneous court records, account books, maps, marriage records, correspondence, and land records of Jackson, Missouri. The collection relates largely to the early life and career Parley P. Pratt, a Mormon apostle.
Letter to Belinda from her husband, Parley P. Pratt, written from San Francisco in January 1855, focusing on family concerns; and a fifteen-page autobiographical sketch written by her, dated 1884 on page one and 1889 on page eleven. Also includes an undated biographical sketch of Belinda written by Parker Pratt Robison, based on her autobiographical account. Her account discusses her conversion to Mormonism, church service, and marriage to Parley P. Pratt.
Collection contains various items related to Pratt's missionary service and letters with his wives and other family. Includes a handwritten diary of Pratt and his wife, Phoebe Sopher Pratt, kept while the Pratts were on a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in South America from 1851 to 1852. Also included are three handwritten letters and eight fragments of manuscripts by Parley P. Pratt. All items date from 1851 to 1855.
The collection contains correspondence, missionary journals, writings, discourses, sermons, mission records, genealogy records, legislative service records, and miscellaneous biographical materials covering 1837-1967.
Handwritten diary of Pratt and his wife, Phoebe Sopher Pratt, kept while the Pratts were on a mission for the Mormon Church in South America from 1851 to 1852. Also included are three handwritten letters and eight fragments of manuscripts by Parley P. Pratt.
Materials primarily contain correspondence between Russell and his family and letters to and from members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Also includes some correspondence between Parley P. Pratt and his family. Most of the letters are originals, except for a string-bound typescript copy of some letters dealing with Isaac Russell, the originals of which are not contained in the collection. Dated 1828-1893.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints 2
- Correspondence 2
- Diaries 2
- Home and Family 2
- Material Types 2
- Polygamy -- Religious aspects -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- History 2
- Religion 2
- Social Life and Customs 2
- Account books 1
- Autobiographies 1
- Biography -- 19th century 1
- Missions and Missionaries 1
- Mormon Church -- Apostles 1
- Mormon women -- Biography 1
- Mormons -- Illinois -- Correspondence 1
- Mormons -- Missouri -- Correspondence 1
- Mormons -- Ohio -- Correspondence 1
- Mormons -- United States -- History 1
- Parowan (Utah) -- History 1
- Utah -- History 1 ∧ less
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 4
- Pratt, Phoebe Soper, 1823-1887 2
- Watt, G. D. (George Darling), 1812-1881 2
- Church of Jesus Christ (Bickertonites) 1
- Cook, Lyndon W. 1