Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Collotype taken by Eadweard Muybridge in 1887. The photograph is titled "Animal Locomotion, Plate 633" and is a series of twenty-four frames of a man riding a galloping horse. In one frame, all four of the horse's feet are off the ground.
Contains primarily original prints of photographs by Savage, covering all periods of his career. Of the 839 items, over 750 are clearly Savage photographs. Eighteen other photographers are also named, including Alfred A. Hart, Edw. J. Muybridge, and possibly Carleton E. Watkins photograph. Includes landscapes in Utah and the West, with many in Salt Lake City. Also includes portraits, many of leaders of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, with many of Brigham Young.
Composite photograph by Eadweard Muybridge composed of twelve frames of a trotting horse pulling a carriage, taken June 15, 1878 as part of Muybridge's studies of animal locomotion.
- Names: Muybridge, Eadweard, 1830-1904 X
- Horses -- Photographs 2
- Images 2
- Material Types 2
- Albumen prints 1
- Collotypes 1
- Landscapes -- Utah -- Photographs 1
- Landscapes -- Utah -- Salt Lake City -- Photographs 1
- Landscapes -- West (U.S.) -- Photographs 1
- Mormons -- Photographs 1 + ∧ less
- Hart, Alfred A., 1816-1908 1
- Savage, C. R. (Charles Roscoe), 1832-1909 1
- Watkins, Carleton E., 1829-1916 1
- Young, Brigham, 1801-1877 1