Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Scrapbook of the periodical Day by Day with the Utah Pioneers, 1847.
Scapbooks. The materials are newspaper clippings glued into blank pages of a book entitled: "Day by day with the Utah pioneers 1847." The items were originally published in the newspapers the "Salt Lake Tribune" and the "Deseret News." The clippings refer to the migration of 1847 to Utah and the early settling of that state by Mormon pioneers.
Materials include one framed photograph of a man in a suit. The following is written on the front: "Andrew Jenson on his 90th birthday anniversary. Dec. 11, 1940."
Typewritten draft of a biographical sketch written for the Utah State Historical Society of a Mormon pioneer, missionary, author-journalist and assistant Latter-day Saint Church historian. It describes (mainly through excerpts from his autobiography) his activities in those capacities, as well as his emigration from Denmark to Utah and family data. Also included are two articles by Newell Knight and an article from the Salt Lake City Historian's Office pertaining to "Washington Square."
Three volumes of sections of the Bible with notes and commentaries on the text in Danish. Commentaries and reflections on the Bible are placed between pages of the text.
Correspondence; autobiography of Jenson's life from the time he lived in Denmark to his residence in Utah; drafts of writings for the newspaper column, "Jenson Travels," appearing in the Deseret News newspaper; travel notes; photographs; and memorabilia. Jenson's writings largely pertain to Mormon and Utah history. Dated 1850 to 1935.
Printed and handwritten receipt made out to a Mr. Reese. The receipt was for $2.50 to cover the cost of a subscription for the "Historical Record" for the years 1887 and 1888.
Microfilmed copies of a wide range of primary source materials including correspondence, newspaper clippings, reports, and diary and history excerpts. The collection relates to a large number of topics on Mormon Church and Utah history. The items were collected by Andrew Jenson and many other employees of the Mormon Church Historical Department.
Handwritten diary and notes mostly in Danish. These entries were written in four almanacs, on an envelope, and on one loose sheet of paper. The diary was written for the year 1872. The notes largely record historical events from ancient to modern times.
Contains items belonging to Anna Starr Rockwood and manuscripts concerning her and her husband's lives. "A Historical Record;" tithing receipts; biographies; newspaper clippings; photocopy of handwritten autobiography of Charles Rockwood. 3 folders.
- Names: Jenson, Andrew, 1850-1941 X
- Immigration and American Expansion 4
- Pioneers 4
- Notes 3
- Utah -- History 3
- Articles 2
- Biography 2
- Diaries 2
- Letters 2
- Mormon pioneers 2
- Newspapers 2
- Receipts (Acknowledgments) 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Social Life and Customs 2
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences 1
- Autobiographies 1
- Bible -- Commentaries 1
- Business, Industry, Labor, and Commerce 1
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 1
- Danish Americans -- Utah -- Ephraim -- History -- Sources 1
- Danish Americans -- Utah -- History 1
- Drafts (Documents) 1
- Ephraim (Utah) -- History 1
- Fashion 1
- Historians -- Utah -- History 1
- Historians -- Utah -- Salt Lake City -- Correspondence 1
- Histories 1
- Home and Family 1
- Idaho 1
- Journalism 1
- Material Types 1
- Men -- Photographs 1
- Microfilms 1
- Mormon authors -- History 1
- Mormon missionaries -- Denmark 1
- Mormons -- Utah -- Biography 1
- Mormons -- Utah -- Ephraim -- History -- Sources 1
- Mormons -- Utah -- Salt Lake City -- Correspondence 1
- Photographs 1
- Pioneers -- Utah -- Biography 1
- Portraits 1
- Publishers and Publishing 1
- Religion 1
- Reports 1
- Salt Lake City (Utah) -- 19th century 1
- Salt Lake City (Utah) -- History 1
- Tithes 1
- Utah 1 ∧ less
- English 9
- Danish 1
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 3
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Church Historian's Office 1
- Ecker Studio 1
- Jenson, Harold H. 1
- Knight, Newel, 1800-1847 1