Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Collection includes published and handwritten unpublished musical selections written and arranged by Brigham Young University faculty members.
Collection contains professional correspondence for when Don L. Earl was a professor at Brigham Young University, newspaper clippings of operas and other events in which he was involved, class and student files, photographs and slides including those of operas performed at BYU, music scores, production programs, and other materials relating to Earl's time as faculty at BYU and during his musical career, 1952-1978.
Indian opera productions composed by Hanson, musical scores, research material, and scrapbooks and photos based on ceremonies and music of the Ute Indians of Colorado and Utah. Operas included are: "Sun Dance," produced in New York City, 1938, "Bear Dance," and "The Bleeding Heart," a white man's fantasy of an imaginary Indian people who lived at the base of Mount Timpanogos in Utah.
Contains personal correspondence, articles, programs, news clippings, yearbooks, scrapbooks, poetry, resumes, tributes, journals, photographs, patriarchal blessings, and biographical materials. Also includes published, unpublished, and workcopy music manuscripts by the Madsens. Materials date from 1870 to 1976.
Typed copy of the book manuscript, "Leroy Robertson," a noted musical composer, which was written by his daughter. The item describes Robertson's life and works, including his teaching in the music department of Brigham Young University (1925-1948) and the University of Utah (1948-1965) and his involvement with music in the Mormon Church. Also included is a published copy of the book signed by the author.
Contains annual compilations of programs distributed at music performances of Brigham Young University's School of Music in Provo, Utah. Each of the 48 volumes contains programs for a given school year. Collection has volumes from 1948-2018 except for the following years: 1982-1983 through 1995-1996, 1997-1998 and 1998-1999.
Materials include correspondence, memoranda, programs, reports, meeting minutes, and other materials concerning the School of Music, including class materials, faculty files, performing group files, and other general office files. Dated 1980-2001.
Collection contains photographs, correpsondence, postcards, programs for BYU Music Department productions, newsletters for RCMI, newspapers clippings on the Music Department and Symphonic Band, study abroad fliers, and photographic slides, 1966-1976.
- L. Tom Perry Special Collections 4
- L. Tom Perry Special Collections. University Archives 4
- Music 7
- Colleges and Universities 4
- Education 4
- Letters 4
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 3
- Photographs 3
- Programs 3
- Scores 3
- Performing arts -- Utah -- Provo 2
- Slides (Photography) 2
- Church music -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 1
- Drafts (Documents) 1
- Material Types 1
- Memorandums 1
- Minutes (Records) 1
- Mormons -- Songs and music 1
- Mormons -- Songs and music -- History and criticism 1
- Music -- Instruction and study -- Utah -- Provo 1
- Music students -- Utah -- Provo 1
- Musicians -- Utah -- History 1
- Newsletters 1
- Performing Arts 1
- Reports 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Theater programs 1
- Ute Indians 1 ∧ less
- Brigham Young University 4
- Brigham Young University. School of Music 2
- Brigham Young University. English Department 1
- Earl, Don L. (Don Lee), 1917-1997 1
- Hanson, William F. (William Frederick), 1887-1969 1
- Harold B. Lee Library. Department of Archives and Manuscripts 1
- Harris Fine Arts Center 1
- Madsen, Florence Jepperson, 1886-1977 1
- Madsen, Franklin, 1887-1971 1
- Robertson, Leroy J. 1
- University of Utah. Department of Music 1
- Williams, Glenn R. (Glenn Robert), 1931-2002 1
- Wilson, Marian Robertson, 1926- 1 ∧ less