Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 11
Collection includes published and handwritten unpublished musical selections written and arranged by Brigham Young University faculty members.
Contains files of the department chair, and general department and faculty records, including correspondence, minutes, procedures, publications, and a sampling of class outlines and examinations.
Indian opera productions composed by Hanson, musical scores, research material, and scrapbooks and photos based on ceremonies and music of the Ute Indians of Colorado and Utah. Operas included are: "Sun Dance," produced in New York City, 1938, "Bear Dance," and "The Bleeding Heart," a white man's fantasy of an imaginary Indian people who lived at the base of Mount Timpanogos in Utah.
Contains personal correspondence, articles, programs, news clippings, yearbooks, scrapbooks, poetry, resumes, tributes, journals, photographs, patriarchal blessings, and biographical materials. Also includes published, unpublished, and workcopy music manuscripts by the Madsens. Materials date from 1870 to 1976.
Typescript of an interview taken from the eight included audiocassettes. The interview was conducted by Alonzo J. Morley on July 24 and 29, 1984 for the Joint Oral History Program of Brigham Young University Archives, BYU Alumni Association Emeritus Club, and Charles Redd Center for Western Studies. Wakefield talks about his life, friends, and his many experiences in the Brigham Young University Music Department.
Interview by Thomas E. Cheney with Ralph A. Britsch concerning his experiences as a student at Brigham Young University, including comments about his teachers, and the development of BYU from 1931 to the present, particularily in the areas of music and drama. Includes transcript and sound recording.
Contains annual compilations of programs distributed at music performances of Brigham Young University's School of Music in Provo, Utah. Each of the 48 volumes contains programs for a given school year. Collection has volumes from 1948-2018 except for the following years: 1982-1983 through 1995-1996, 1997-1998 and 1998-1999.
Contains administrative files and faculty histories for Brigham Young University School of Music. Included are annual reports, faculty responsibilities, curriculum changes, oral histories, scrapbooks and musical performances. Creation dates range from 1986 to 2011.
Contains two pamphlets entitled "Sing the Songs of BYU." One is a Freshman Trek Edition with no date, and the other is dated June 1937. Both include the same four songs: "College Song- Brigham Young University," "Alma Pater: Brigham Young University Pep Song," "The Trail of the 'Y'", and "The Old 'Y' Bell."
- L. Tom Perry Special Collections. University Archives 10
- L. Tom Perry Special Collections 1
- Colleges and Universities 10
- Education 10
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences 4
- Music 3
- Oral histories 3
- Audiocassettes 2
- Scores 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Transcripts 2
- Audiotapes 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 1
- Curriculum 1
- DVDs 1
- Education, Higher -- Utah -- Provo 1
- Filmed performances 1
- Interviews 1
- Latter Day Saints -- Songs and music 1
- Latter Day Saints -- Songs and music -- History and criticism 1
- Letters 1
- Lyceums 1
- Material Types 1
- Music -- Instruction and study -- Utah -- Provo 1
- Music students -- Utah -- Provo 1
- Music teachers -- Utah -- Provo 1
- Musicians -- Utah -- History 1
- Papers (Documents) 1
- Performing Arts 1
- Performing arts -- Utah -- Provo 1
- Photographs 1
- Programs 1
- Religious gatherings -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 1
- Songbooks 1
- Sound recordings 1
- Speeches, addresses, etc., American 1
- Universities and colleges -- Utah -- Provo -- Faculty 1
- Ute Indians 1 + ∧ less
- Brigham Young University. School of Music 2
- Joint Oral History Project (Brigham Young University) 2
- Brigham Young University. English Department 1
- Brigham Young University. Speech and Dramatic Arts Department (1967-1975) 1
- Britsch, Ralph A. 1
- Cannon, Clawson Y. (Clawson Young), 1885-1977 1
- Cheney, Thomas E. (Thomas Edward), 1901-1993 1
- Clinger, Morris M., 1910-1993 1
- Gates, Crawford 1
- Goodman, A. Harold, 1924-2007 1
- Halliday, John R. 1
- Hanson, William F. (William Frederick), 1887-1969 1
- Harold B. Lee Library. Department of Archives and Manuscripts 1
- Harris Fine Arts Center 1
- Keeler, J. J. 1
- Madsen, Florence Jepperson, 1886-1977 1
- Madsen, Franklin, 1887-1971 1
- Morley, Alonzo J., 1903-1995 1
- Wakefield, John Homer, 1901-1989 1
- Wheelwright, Lorin Farrar, 1909-1987 1 + ∧ less