Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Collection includes published and handwritten unpublished musical selections written and arranged by Brigham Young University faculty members.
Photocopy of a handwritten autobiography of John L. Seymour who taught at Sacramento Junior College for 24 years, produced and directed many plays, composed operas and chamber music. He later moved to Cedar City, Utah after the death of his mother and established a memorial library for her at Southern Utah State College. He discusses the operas he wrote and describes his philosophy of life.
Written by the president of Brigham Young University to a student, enclosing a copy of the school pep song, "Alma Pater." He encourages her to promote the university to her friends. One sheet of the "Alma Pater" music is torn. Also includes a more complete photocopy of the pep song. The name of the author of the lyrics to "Alma Pater," Glen S. Potter, is written in ink on the first page of the printed sheet music.
Indian opera productions composed by Hanson, musical scores, research material, and scrapbooks and photos based on ceremonies and music of the Ute Indians of Colorado and Utah. Operas included are: "Sun Dance," produced in New York City, 1938, "Bear Dance," and "The Bleeding Heart," a white man's fantasy of an imaginary Indian people who lived at the base of Mount Timpanogos in Utah.
Contains personal correspondence, articles, programs, news clippings, yearbooks, scrapbooks, poetry, resumes, tributes, journals, photographs, patriarchal blessings, and biographical materials. Also includes published, unpublished, and workcopy music manuscripts by the Madsens. Materials date from 1870 to 1976.
Programs from an annual Music Festival held at Brigham Young University. These programs are from 1948 to 1963.
Contains annual compilations of programs distributed at music performances of Brigham Young University's School of Music in Provo, Utah. Each of the 48 volumes contains programs for a given school year. Collection has volumes from 1948-2018 except for the following years: 1982-1983 through 1995-1996, 1997-1998 and 1998-1999.
Brief reminiscences of important experiences in her life, including singing with the 314th Army Special Service Band, 1945-1947; work with the Program Bureau and in related capacities at BYU, 1952-1984; service on the general board of the Young Women's Mutual Improvement Association of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 1954-1970; and other experiences relating to music. Includes several photographic images.
Scrapbook, newspaper clippings, photocopies of photographs, and typed notes. The materials relate to the history of musical instruments, primarily in the medieval period.
- L. Tom Perry Special Collections 6
- L. Tom Perry Special Collections. University Archives 4
- Music 9
- Colleges and Universities 6
- Education 5
- Letters 3
- Photographs 3
- Scores 3
- Autobiographies 2
- Programs 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Books 1
- Cedar City (Utah) -- History 1
- Church music -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Instruction and study 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 1
- Composers -- California -- Sacramento -- History -- Sources 1
- Education, Higher -- Utah -- Provo 1
- Educators -- California -- Sacramento -- History -- Sources 1
- Librettists -- West (U.S.) -- History 1
- Material Types 1
- Microfilms 1
- Mormons -- Songs and music 1
- Mormons -- Songs and music -- History and criticism 1
- Mormons -- Utah -- Cedar City -- History -- Sources 1
- Music -- 20th century 1
- Music students -- Utah -- Provo 1
- Musical instruments -- Europe -- History -- Sources 1
- Musicians -- Utah -- History 1
- Newspapers 1
- Notes 1
- Opera -- Biography 1
- Performing Arts 1
- Performing arts -- Utah -- Provo 1
- Provo (Utah) 1
- School music -- Instruction and study 1
- Ute Indians 1 ∧ less
- Brigham Young University. Department of Music 4
- Brigham Young University. English Department 1
- Brigham Young University. Program Bureau 1
- Brigham Young University. School of Music 1
- Hanson, William F. (William Frederick), 1887-1969 1
- Harold B. Lee Library. Department of Archives and Manuscripts 1
- Harris Fine Arts Center 1
- Harris, Franklin Stewart, 1884-1960 1
- Lamanite Generation (Musical group) 1
- Law, Lue Groesbeck, 1913-1978 1
- Madsen, Florence Jepperson, 1886-1977 1
- Madsen, Franklin, 1887-1971 1
- Seymour, John Laurence 1
- Southern Utah State College 1
- Thompson, Jane, 1921-2013 1
- United States. Army 1
- Wakefield, John Homer, 1901-1989 1
- Young Ambassadors (Musical group) 1
- Young Women (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) 1 ∧ less