Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Financial records, correspondence, miscellaneous items, and histories of the Baker family. Also included are three volumes of Peterson family genealogy and history by Ruby Brown Bradfield.
Typewritten biographies, letters, diaries and genealogy sheets relating to the Baker family, converts to Mormonism and settlers of Southern Utah.
Glen Baker photographs, 1880-1988 collection contains 521 photographs, 202 postcards, 17 slides, and 200 negatives of the Glen Baker family.
Contains letters and envelopes. The letters and envelopes are addressed to Henry Baker and Mary Hollister Baker, and are from their son Horace Benjamin Baker. The letters describe life in the West, looking for work, thoughts on Mormonism, and other family news. The collection also contains one letter from Sarah Baker to her parents, in which she describes life in Michigan and her recent illness, and other family news.
Typewritten book including genealogical worksheets and family photographs. The item is a biography of William George Baker (1835-1901) and his descendants. William Baker was a convert to the Mormon Church from England and lived in Nephi and Richfield, Utah.He has a large posterity living mostly in Utah and in other Western states. Also included are genealogies of the Baker family.
Contains 49 photographs, including 5 tintypes, of the James L. Baker family. Also contains the photograph album these photographs were originally housed in. The album has a light green velvet cover with embossed celluloid flowers on the front. Dated approximately 1880-1919.
Histories of Baker, Clark, and Stubbs families, 1940-1963. The collection includes genealogy, family history, and biographical sketches for the Clark, Stubbs, Baker, Higby, and Peay families.
Collection comprises a series of letters written by Jane Rio Baker to her children (including William George Baker); a photocopy of Jane's obituary; William George Baker's letter to his son Josiah Elliot Baker; and a scrapbook containing family photos, pedigree charts, and other family history-related materials on Jane Rio Baker's family. Materials dated 1843-1960.
The folder contains a handwritten letter responding to a request by a person named Franklin to tell about the Ford, Black, and Baker families dated 1925. The author of the letter writes about such families in the gold fields in the Black Hills area and in the state of Colorado. The signature on the item appears to be that of Gina T. Sopins, but that is uncertain.
Handwritten correspondence, notes, poems, drafts of speeches, and miscellaneous items. The materials relate to family matters, questions on Mormon polygamy, Mormon doctrine, and Baker family history.
- Names: Baker family X
- Letters 5
- Home and Family 4
- Social Life and Customs 4
- Genealogies 3
- Material Types 3
- Photographs 3
- Agriculture and Natural Resources 2
- Utah 2
- Agriculture 1
- Autobiographies 1
- Biography 1
- Biography -- 19th century 1
- Black Hills (S.D. and Wyo.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Boulder (Utah) -- History 1
- Colorado -- History 1
- Correspondence 1
- Diaries 1
- Escalante (Utah) -- History 1
- Families -- United States -- History -- 19th century 1
- Family histories 1
- Farmers -- Utah -- Salem -- Biography 1
- Farms -- Utah -- Salem -- History -- Sources 1
- Gold mines and mining -- North Dakota -- History 1
- Images 1
- Immigration and American Expansion 1
- Mines and Mineral Resources 1
- Mormon families 1
- Mormon women -- Utah -- Correspondence 1
- Mormons -- Utah -- Biography 1
- Negatives 1
- Nephi (Utah) -- History 1
- Notes 1
- Overland Journeys to the Western United States 1
- Photograph albums 1
- Poetry 1
- Polygamy -- Religious aspects -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- History 1
- Postcards 1
- Receipts (Acknowledgments) 1
- Richfield (Utah) -- History 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Tintypes 1 ∧ less
- Baker, Glen, 1908-1988 2
- Baker, William George, 1835-1901 2
- Baker, Crystal, 1913-1983 1
- Baker, Horace Benjamin, 1861-1946 1
- Barker, James L. (James Louis), 1880-1958 1
- Black family 1
- Bradfield, Ruby Brown 1
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 1
- Clark family 1
- Ford family 1
- Pay family 1
- Pearce, Jean Rio Griffiths Baker, 1810-1883 1
- Peterson family 1
- Sopins, Gina T. 1
- Stubbs family 1
- Stubbs, Frances Estella Clark, 1903-1996 1
- Thompson, Ruth Elizabeth Baker, 1906-1992 1
- Young, Zina Diantha Huntington Jacobs Smith, 1821-1901 1 ∧ less