Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Photocopy of typescript. Describes his trip from Salt Lake City to the site of Joseph City and daily life in the United Order in that town. The diary also discusses the author's departure on a supply trip to Salt Lake City and concludes with his arrival in St. George, Utah en route.
A one-page autobiographical sketch entitled "History of John A. Blythe, From his birth to Feb. 3rd, 1876" is also included.
Consists of three separate manuscripts: "Religious Experiences of Thomas Walter Brookbank," "Travels and Threads of Experience," and "A Soldier's Recollections." These autobiographies recount the author's early life and conversion to Mormonism, his experiences in the Civil War (1861-1865), life in Utah and the Mormon settlements in eastern Arizona, and missionary activities in New Mexico, Texas, Mexico, and Great Britain.
Typescript. Includes short autobiographical sketch of author's life from his birth to his mission call to Arizona in 1876. Rest of the text is a daily journal covering the trip from Salt Lake City to Arizona, daily life in the Mormon settlements, and a trip back to Utah in 1877. Almost all of McAllister's journal entries are one line in length.
Photocopy of typescript. Contains a short history of the Mormon Church's mission to the Navajo Indians in Arizona from 1876 to 1878 and the creation of the Little Colorado Stake. The history of the stake is then continued up to 1887. Includes history of the settlements making up the stake, activities of the members, minutes of meetings, and accounts of missionary work among the Indians.
- Arizona -- History -- To 1912 4
- Missions and Missionaries 4
- Mormons -- Colonization -- Arizona -- History 4
- United orders (Mormon Church) -- Arizona -- History 4
- City and Town Life 2
- Mormon Church -- Arizona -- History 2
- Mormon missionaries -- Arizona 2
- Mormons -- Utah -- History 2
- Social Life and Customs 2
- Utah -- History -- 19th century 2
- Agriculture 1
- Agriculture and Natural Resources 1
- Arizona -- Description and travel 1
- Collective settlements -- Arizona -- History 1
- Diaries 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Utah 1
- Home and Family 1
- Indians of North America 1
- Joseph City (Ariz.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Material Types 1
- Minutes (Records) 1
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Arizona -- History 1
- Mormon missionaries 1
- Mormons 1
- Navajo Indians -- Missions -- Arizona -- History -- Sources 1
- Pioneers 1
- Reminiscences 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives 1
- Utah -- Description and travel 1
- Utah -- History -- 20th century 1 ∧ less
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 3
- Nielson, Frihoff Godfred, 1851-1935 2
- Blythe, John A. 1
- Brookbank, Thomas W. 1
- Cannon, Abraham H. (Abraham Hoagland), 1859-1896 1