Philip II letter
Scope and Contents
Handwritten letter addressed to the people of the kingdom of Spain in support of Henry IV of France. The item explains a law requiring more taxes from the people for supplies.
- Philip II, King of Spain, 1527-1598 (creator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Philip II letter must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Philip II was the King of Spain and, as Philip I, king of Portugal from 1580.
1 folder (0.01 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- France -- History -- Henry IV, 1589-1610
- Henry IV, King of France, 1553-1610
- International Relations
- Philip II, King of Spain, 1527-1598 -- Correspondence
- Politics, Government, and Law
- Spain -- History -- Philip II, 1556-1598
- Spain -- Kings and rulers -- Correspondence
- Taxation -- Spain -- History -- Sources
- Register of Philip II letter
- Leslie Evens
- 2011 November 30
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.