James Stephens Brown diaries
Scope and Contents
Handwritten diaries. Brown writes about his life in Ogden, Utah, and in Arizona. He also tells about his activities in the Mormon Church including his missions for that faith to England, Tahiti, and the Navajo Indians.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Diaries must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Biographical / Historical
Utah pioneer and missionary for the Mormon Church.
7 v. ((4 folders).)
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Brown, James S. (James Stephens), 1828-1902
- Church work with Indians -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- History
- Material Types
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- French Polynesia -- Tahiti (Island) -- History
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Great Britain -- History
- Mormons -- Arizona -- History
- Navajo Indians -- History
- Ogden (Utah) -- History
- Polygamy -- Religious aspects -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- History
- Register of Diaries
- Jennifer Kim
- 2011 September 22
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.