John Greenleaf Whittier letter
Scope and Contents
Handwritten and signed letter written on November 3 in an unknown year, at Amesbury. Whittier asks to see a proof of a poem he has written.
- approximately 1880
- Whittier, John Greenleaf, 1807-1892 (creator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from John Greenleaf Whittier letter must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
John Greenleaf Whittier was an American poet and abolitionist.
1 folder (0.01 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Register of John Greenleaf Whittier letter
- Leslie Evens
- 2011 December 8
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.