William Clark bill of exchange
Scope and Contents
Handwritten and signed bill of exchange addressed to General Henry Dearborn, Secretary of War. Clark requests the sum of two hundred dollars to be paid to William Croghan, an Indian interpreter, for services rendered.
- Clark, William, 1770-1838 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Bill of exchange must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Biographical / Historical
American explorer, Indian agent, and a leader of the Lewis and Clark expedition.
1 item (1 leaf)
Language of Materials
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Clark, William, 1770-1838
- Croghan, William
- Dearborn, Henry
- Expeditions and Adventure
- Explorers -- United States -- Biography
- Immigration and American Expansion
- Indian agents -- United States -- Biography -- Sources
- Soldiers -- United States -- Biography -- Sources
- United States. Army -- Biography
- Register of Bill of exchange
- Leslie Evens
- 2011 December 9
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
Part of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Repository
Brigham Young University
Provo Utah 84602 United States