Infatuation : a fiction founded on fact
Scope and Contents
Typewritten manuscript of an unpublished book entitled; "Infatuation: A Fiction Founded on Fact." This work is a novel based on the author's negative experiences with Mormonism.
- Hyde, John, 1833-1875 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Infatuation : a fiction founded on fact. must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Biographical / Historical
Theologian, author, and writer. He was a British convert to the Mormon Church and travelled to Utah in 1854. He became dissatisfied with that faith and left Utah in 1856. He later joined the Swedenborgian religion.
Language of Materials
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
Finding aid available in repository.
The dealer, from whom the manuscript was purchased, placed the alternate title, "Story of Brigham Young and the Mormons," on the spine of the box housing the document.
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
- Authors, Swedenborgian
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Controversial literature
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Fiction
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Utah--History
- Danites (Mormon Church) -- Fiction
- Drafts (Documents)
- Kimball, Heber C. (Heber Chase), 1801-1868
- Mormons -- Utah -- Fiction
- Young, Brigham, 1801-1877
- Register of Infatuation : a fiction founded on fact
- Leslie Evens
- 2011 October 31
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.