Collection on Brigham Young
Scope and Contents
Contains final script as filmed of the motion picture "Brigham Young" bound in one volume with still photographs from the feature. Also included are autographed publicity shots of the main characters in the production. The stills are on leaves facing the text and correspond closely to it. The motion picture was made for Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation, was produced by Darryl F. Zanuck, directed by Henry Hathaway, the screenplay was by Lamar Trotti, and the original story was written by Louis Bromfield.
- Trotti, Lamar, 1900-1952 (contributor, Person)
- Hathaway, Henry, 1898-1985 (contributor, Person)
- Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation (contributor, Organization)
- Bromfield, Louis (contributor, Person)
- Zanuck, Darryl Francis, 1902-1979 (contributor, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Brigham Young must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Biographical / Historical
Screenplay writer, author, and motion picture director.
1 v. ((ca. 270 leaves) bill) : typewritten photographs
Language of Materials
Motion pictures (Motion Picture Archives).
The foreword says in part, "emphasis has been placed not so much upon historical fact as upon the spirit of courage and fortitude which motivated Brigham Young and those thousands of faithful who, like him, took their inspiration from the teachings of Joseph Smith."
- Register of Collection on Brigham Young
- Leslie Evens
- 2011 October 31
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.