Netherlands official correspondence
Scope and Contents
The materials were assembled under thematic guidelines. The manuscripts include official correspondence and letters as well as published political pamphlets, decrees, and broadsides. They cover the years 1526 to 1761 with most of the materials in two volumes dated within the 1660s. The issues treated are largely governmental, diplomatic, and political both on the national level and within the province of Zeeland but also include such materials as contracts of the Dutch East India Company and the affairs of the House of Orange-Nassau.
- Netherlands (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Official correspondence must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
4 v. (ca. 750 items) ; 34 x 22 cm
Language of Materials
The materials were bound by an archivist. The volumes originally belonged to the town-hall archive of Middleburg in Zeeland, Holland. Two of the volumes came into the Orange-Nassau collection during the 1800s. The volumes were purchased by BYU in 1975.
Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- International Relations
- Nederlandsche Oost-Indische Compagnie -- History
- Netherlands -- Foreign relations -- 1556-1648 -- Sources
- Netherlands -- Foreign relations -- 1648-1795 -- Sources
- Netherlands -- History -- 1648-1795 -- Sources
- Netherlands -- History -- Charles V, 1506-1555 -- Sources
- Netherlands -- History -- Eighty Years' War, 1568-1648
- Netherlands -- Politics and government -- 1477-1556 -- Sources
- Netherlands -- Politics and government -- 1556-1648 -- Sources
- Netherlands -- Politics and government -- 1648-1795 -- Sources
- Politics, Government, and Law
- Zeeland (Netherlands : Province) -- History -- Sources
- Register of Official correspondence
- Leslie Evens
- 2011 October 28
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.