Brigham Young letter to James Burton
Scope and Contents
Handwritten and signed letter, dated 17 April 1858, and addressed to James Burton, a teamster. Young gives Burton a pass to go safely through southern Utah on his way to California.
- 1858 April 17
- Young, Brigham, 1801-1877 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Letter must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Biographical / Historical
Second president of the Mormon Church.
1 item (1 p.)
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Register of Brigham Young letter to James Burton
- Rose Frank
- 2011 September 21
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.