Asa Solomon Kienke diaries and other material
Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: UA 88
Scope and Contents
Contains two journals of Keinke's mission to Illinois and Indiana for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints between 1896 and 1898, seven journals kept as a member of the Brigham Young Academy South American Expedition of 1900-1902, and archaelogical and miscellaneous papers. Also includes a bound typescript of the expedition journals.
- Kienke, Asa Solomon, 1875-1957 (Creator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Asa Solomon Kienke diaries and other material must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Biographical / Historical
Asa Solomon Kienke (1875-1957) was a Mormon archaelogist, college teacher, and missionary.
1 box (0.4 linear ft.)
University history (University Archives collecting policy, February 2010).
- Archaeologists -- Utah -- Correspondence
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
- Brigham Young Academy. South American Expedition (1900-1901)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Missions -- Illinois -- History
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Missions -- Indiana -- History
- Electronic books
- Indians of South America
- Kienke, Asa Solomon, 1875-1957 -- Diaries
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Illinois -- History
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Indiana -- History
- Mormon missionaries -- Illinois -- History
- Mormon missionaries -- Indiana -- History
- Register of Asa Solomon Kienke diaries and other material
- Rose Frank
- 2011 July 8
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.